Douglas Luiz - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw that Celtic are sniffing around. I have to wonder what value we get from sending players to play in the SPL ? Have any loanees come back from Celtic better players. I can’t list them all of them but I know Denayer, Roberts and Boyata didnt. The SPL, apart from two, maybe three teams, is rubbish.

I saw that Celtic are sniffing around. I have to wonder what value we get from sending players to play in the SPL ? Have any loanees come back from Celtic better players. I can’t list them all of them but I know Denayer, Roberts and Boyata didnt. The SPL, apart from two, maybe three teams, is rubbish.
Unless they secede from the Union in the next couple of days, he won't be going there without a work permit.

Unless they secede from the Union in the next couple of days, he won't be going there without a work permit.
See post 154 above. I have no idea if this is right. I don’t understand how he could theoretically work in France, Portugal or Spain but not in the UK. I thought if you can work in one EU country you can work in any of them.

See post 154 above. I have no idea if this is right. I don’t understand how he could theoretically work in France, Portugal or Spain but not in the UK. I thought if you can work in one EU country you can work in any of them.

I believe this comes from rules put in by the FA that mean only the highest level established talent from non-EU nations can get work permits.

I think it worked with us signing Jesus because of the fee he was signed for despite not playing as many games for the national team.

Luiz was not purchased for as much, yet you notice how Pep said we paid "a lot" for him (trying to suggest his value is high), but it was at least £15m less than for Jesus. Given he was also put out on loan the season before, and they knew we were adding him due to the deal with Jorginho falling through, all I suspect didn't help his case.

Last edited:
Notice Celtic are looking at him on loan given Dembelle is possibly off to Lyon could get some good game time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.