Douglas Luiz - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He genuinely wasn't that great when he played for Girona, one really good performance versus Barcelona aside.

It was a clear case of a then 19 year old with minimal first team experience and zero experience in European football who plays in a position that isn't traditionally as forgiving to younger players being thrown in the deep end a bit. The Girona manager wasn't picking any City players as favours either, he picked the players he thought were for the best of the team on the day.

If there's any gap in the squad, it might be in his position, so he might not get loaned out which would be interesting.

If there's any gap in the squad, it might be in his position, so he might not get loaned out which would be interesting.

He isn't a proper defensive midfielder though. He is like Gundogan but kinda more offensive.

He fits better at David Silva/De Bruyne position. I don't think there is space for him now. Better to loan him again.

I’ll say I thought he played well last night. Anticipated balls well and was tidy with his passes. Certainly better than his last game.

He isn't a proper defensive midfielder though. He is like Gundogan but kinda more offensive.

He fits better at David Silva/De Bruyne position. I don't think there is space for him now. Better to loan him again.

What I have seen vs Bayern tells me he perfectly fits to DM.
Great work rate, good defending 1on1, ball recovery, good headers, calm under pressure,
good building up, accurate skill on the ball.
Quite physical for a 20 y-o.

Played 90 mins, as a LB when Gomes came on. LB clearly not his position.

Could turn out as a fantastic DM. I'm a fan!

The biggest problem for me is he came off as way too casual. Gives the ball away cheaply a few times, didn't track a runner a few times, doesn't always bust a gut to get back to defend. He looks like he's got technical talent and he's a decent size, but I'm not sure his head is there right now.

He's not going to take Zinchenko's foreign player spot IMO.

The biggest problem for me is he came off as way too casual. Gives the ball away cheaply a few times, didn't track a runner a few times, doesn't always bust a gut to get back to defend. He looks like he's got technical talent and he's a decent size, but I'm not sure his head is there right now.

He's not going to take Zinchenko's foreign player spot IMO.
He can still play in domestic competitions, isn't it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.