Douglas Luiz - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted this in the Bruno Fernandes thread in the Transfer Forum the other day.

Was reading a little about Douglas Luiz at Girona and saw this mentioned in relation to him being unlikely to get a work permit again:

"There are those who defend a third loan, as is the case of Pep Guardiola. But a sale is not ruled out. It is certain that the young Brazilian is seen as "currency of exchange", either in an exit by ceding or definitive. For example, it is among the names offered in the business involving Portuguese midfielder Bruno Fernandes, who has been the main highlight of Sporting in the season."

https://www.goal.com/br/notícias/o-...roca-no-manchester-/q4pzczou36sa1iztwhlbn1cex

There was more to the story, wasn't it? Luiz only became an option when we failed to sign a DM, if my memory serves me well..
Pep took him on pre-season and wanted to keep him but was told deadline day the permit was denied,i think the moment may have passed for him now

Don't laugh because I'm going to bring up Football Manager, but if I remember correctly Spain was one of the places where you'd be able to secure EU citizenship if you were on loan there for two seasons. Does anyone know if he can get
Spanish citizenship now?

Don't laugh because I'm going to bring up Football Manager, but if I remember correctly Spain was one of the places where you'd be able to secure EU citizenship if you were on loan there for two seasons. Does anyone know if he can get
Spanish citizenship now?

Ah geography. ;-) Think that only applies to players from Spanish-American countries and not Portuguese-speaking Brazil.

That said, Barcelona (I believe) have been quite fortuitous in seeing Suarez (Italian wife) and Coutinho (Portuguese wife) obtain EU passports through their spouses and thus circumnavigate rules on overseas quotas, so perhaps Bluemoon should go the distance and offer an arranged marriage service for prospective players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.