Douglas Luiz - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will most likely need time for him to ease himself into a situation where he can play the role we saw in the US in the Prem, but it would be an interesting experiment to see how he goes with Fern looking after him.

His physique is an enomous advantage imo, as he can get it wrong & still have a chance of getting out of trouble. Same with Luke Bolton.

It will most likely need time for him to ease himself into a situation where he can play the role we saw in the US in the Prem, but it would be an interesting experiment to see how he goes with Fern looking after him.

His physique is an enomous advantage imo, as he can get it wrong & still have a chance of getting out of trouble. Same with Luke Bolton.

I think he could be an interesting option if given the opportunity and we're patient. As you say, he's got all the raw materials and physical attributes to succeed, add that to the learning environment he'll find himself in, and he's got all the ingredients to be a player.

I'm hoping Pep has seen enough to make him Ferna's understudy. There is something rewarding as a fan to see players organically developed and sometimes these opportunities only come from adverse situations.

In the Bayern game he gave the ball away early then that was the only time I recall he did that and after that I thought this lad could do a job for us this season

Impressive in the Bayern game after a poor showing in the Dortmund game. He has raw skills and athleticism though that you can dream on. I don't expect him to get much game time if he isn't loaned but a player like him can really benefit if he's training around the first team.

Pep confirms he wants Douglas Luiz to be part of his squad this season, but they need to get him a visa first. "I think he has potential to play with us."

The odd time I watched him for Girona last season he looked like he could develop into a serious player. Admittedly, I haven’t seen enough of him to make a well judged assessment but I hope he gets enough game time wherever he plays this season so we can have a better idea of his potential and where Pep is likely to fit him into our side.

I thought he was fantastic in the bayern game, apart from an early misplaced pass that even fernandinho is often guilty of he was pretty much exactly what pep would want from his holding midfielder. Strong in the tackle and press, composed on the ball, range of passing and vision and good recovery when the team lost the ball. I can see why pep would want him as an understudy to fernandinho for the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.