Douglas Luiz - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what is the criteria? given other youngsters in similar circumstance have achieved a work permit

So what is the criteria? given other youngsters in similar circumstance have achieved a work permit

They aren’t Manchester City and with pep pointing out about him being an option and we hope he gets a work permit, from that moment I NEW HE Wouldn’t get a work permit.

I even struggle to understand the sense of refusing a work permit.
We won't use an English talent instead as there is none for that position.

Not too much transparency involved here.

I even struggle to understand the sense of refusing a work permit.
We won't use an English talent instead as there is none for that position.

Not too much transparency involved here.

Have they even offered a reason?

The rules are pretty cut and dry really, and he doesn't pass any of them, so based on the laws as they are it's probably the right decision, although it's shit for the kid.

The main test is based on international appearances in the last couple of years.

Then there's an appeal where you get points for transfer cost, wage cost, whether you've player in continental competitions etc.

http://www.danielgeey.com/the-foreigner-debate-the-fas-new-work-permit-regulations-explained/

That article explains them very well. He failed the Main test, failed the appeals procedure and was left hoping for an exemption.

Also @St.Pauli support, the public not being told is not the same as the work permit process lacking transparency, for all we know City might have a very thorough explanation from the panel of why they turned him down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.