Douglas Luiz - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gundogan isn't a DM, Delph - maybe (looked great in midfield for England), Gomes - maybe (don't know much about him), Zinchenko isn't a DM & Stones is a great passer for a centre back, but probably isn't good enough on the ball to be a Pivot.
I`m sure at least one of those are good enough to play DM in the domestic cups or against lower-tier teams. Fernandinho is world class, so I think we will be ok. Don`t think we have seen the best of Gundogan yet

I`m sure at least one of those are good enough to play DM in the domestic cups or against lower-tier teams. Fernandinho is world class, so I think we will be ok. Don`t think we have seen the best of Gundogan yet
Between Dinho,Gundo and Delph we will be fine.

Lets keep this to Luiz please.

I agree on all counts of that post.

I just worry about a Fernandinho injury. Any extended injury to him and we're up the creek.

Also I don’t like that even with Pep’s and Tite’s endorsement they would try to deny him his work permit. Sending him out on loan significantly reduces his chances of impressing enough to make the NT at a time where there will be plenty of turnover soon. Similar transfer fee as Richarlison at Watford don’t know what his current wage is though, but he was playing in the top division of Brazil as well. Also similar amount of U20 appearances before moves to Europe. They really shouldn’t be denying him.

Sounds like if Pep had known this earlier, it might have had a bigger impact on our transfer business...

Sam Lee‏Verified account @Sammy_Goal 25s26 seconds ago
Guardiola confirms Douglas Luiz did not get a work permit and they'll send him on loan to try to get one. "It's so difficult for me to understands. Guys who are not in the training sessions have to judge" whether somebody can play or not.

Sam Lee‏Verified account @Sammy_Goal 32s33 seconds ago
Guardiola on Douglas Luiz: "I am so sad and disappointed for Douglas. I think he is a player with a huge capacity to play with us. We wanted the work permit because we believe he can play. They didn't know him, not one game, not one training session. We accept it but..."

City Watch‏Verified account @City_Watch 2m2 minutes ago
Pep on the Douglas Luiz decision: "I would prefer it wasn't announced yesterday - if they decide 10, 15 days ago, maybe tell me then, then I can decide what to do

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.