Douglas Luiz

What happens if they sell him to someone else in the meantime for say £40m.

Assuming buyback clause info is accurate...
If they stay up, let him stay there and develop another year and decide in 12 months whether hes good enough to replace a retiring fernandinho
If they dont stay up, the decision needs to be made this summer.
No point leaving him to play a year in the championship, and I doubt other prem clubs will leave him there either, so we’d lose our buyback.

I havent watched him much, but my villa mates are convinced we will activate it and that he is quality. Given they watch him every week I think it’s fair

I got those figures from Stu Brennan because I literally asked him directly. Asked a couple City journos and they said yep 25m buyback. So, I'm inclined to believe that

Seems rather strange that that figure is exactly the same as the one that the Birmingham journalists confessed to conjuring up, but hey ho. It also seems rather steep in comparison to our deals with PSV for Angelino, where we reportedly sold him for 5m and bought him back one year later for 5.3m, so a relatively minimal outlay. Given our position of strength, I’m unconvinced that we’d agree to a buy back clause that would see a player appreciate so markedly in one season, especially one playing for a team on the cusp of relegation. :-)

With Villa staying up there probably isn’t as much of a need to bring him back this summer. If he plays well next season I reckon we’ll get him next summer

Yes, great news for us Villa stayed up. Luiz to continue his development then we bring him back next summer to rotate with Rodri.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.