Douglas Luiz

Just checked. Of the outfield players Rodri has played the most minutes this season after de Bruyne and Sterling. Aouar (if signed) and Torres should alleviate their workload, so that might be another reason for bringing Luiz back.
Maybe one for the winter window assuming Covid doesn’t interfere with the season

Maybe, but we need a non-HG spot for Luiz.
Bravo -> Steffen (1more spot if some HG keeper...)
Ota -> Koulibaly
David -> Aouar
would be my preferred guesses in this window. That's 17.

I see Aouar as AM and Luiz as DM. Agreed?
On DM we have Rodri and Gundo (Fern not really anymore).
As AM we have Kev, Bernardo and Foden - that's 1 short (David gone).

Fern -> Luiz next summer
with Gundo maybe surplus as well.

Luiz doesn't fit in this summer it was said and it makes sense to me.

Ota -> Koulibaly
David -> Aouar

Fern -> Luiz next summer

I thought that Aouar was a replacement for Gundogan, i.e. a number 8 type player. And that D.Silva's replacement is Foden.

I thought that Aouar was a replacement for Gundogan, i.e. a number 8 type player. And that D.Silva's replacement is Foden.

Imagine the matchday thread if Gundo is lined up as 8 again... :-O
I see him as DM and I find he has lost some energy playing further up the pitch. He can still control and conduct matches from 6 very well though.

Ota -> Koulibaly
David -> Aouar

Fern -> Luiz next summer

Agree with all of that. Still think Zinchenko might leave but don’t know what would happen to his slot. I just think Guardiola likes the insurance and extra flexibility that players such as Zinchenko and Fernandinho afford.

If I were cold and calculating, I’d say that Fernandinho couldn’t play out the season as a central midfielder and shouldn’t be playing out the season as a central defender, especially if we sign Koulibaly, so he should go. However, with Garcia leaving, Stones indifferent, and Koulibaly untested, Fernandinho may well start the season as the right-sided centre back. We saw in the return against Real Madrid that he still remains the player Guardiola trusts, so he stays.

One of the reasons I want(ed) Luiz to return now was to learn from Fernandinho, but if the latter can be given a coaching role at the end of this season (our own Brazilian development officer), then I’ll be happy with that.

.....if we hadn't of had Luiz previously....would anyone seriously not have been laughing if it appeared on sky sports that we were paying 25m for an average Villa midfielder?

.....if we hadn't of had Luiz previously....would anyone seriously not have been laughing if it appeared on sky sports that we were paying 25m for an average Villa midfielder?

If we hadn’t had him before, Villa wouldn’t have even had him, and even if we hadn’t had him before, and Villa had had him, we wouldn’t even be able to get him for £25m.

I think...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.