Downfall

KentBlue

Watched it last night. Brilliant! The chap playing Hitler (Bruno Gans?) is excellent. Most war films show Hitler as a bit too one-dimensional - rabid, demonic, screaming and bellowing and waving his arms about a lot. But this actor gives a little more depth to the character and thus you see him (Hitler) more as a human being than the phsycotic, deranged monster many actors play him as.

Also, there's an interesting documentary on the 2nd disc about the making of the film (for those like me that like that sort of thing). How the German production company went to Russia (St Petersburg) and filmed a lot of it.
Given the events portrayed in the film I thought it was great that the Russians were so accomodating.

I know most people are aware of the YouTube parodies that show a certain scene in the bunker, but it really is a great film and the acting is quite superb.

Down fall is simply THE BEST biopic of Hitler albeit his last days. The paranoia and self delusion are caputured superbly. Possibly as a result of this being an eye witness account from one of the secretaires Traudl Junge.
Did anybody see the two movies on BBC4 over the past few weeks about Jaques Mesrine? Equally brilliant but shameful damage to classic French cars of the 70's

it's a really good film.

Have you seen Hitler: The Rise of Evil?

That's with Robert Carlysle, really good also.

Top film. Has anyone seen The Lives Of Others? Set in East Germany in 1984, it's about surveillance on members of the public and public figures at the time.....Brilliant.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.