Download 2012 (Music festival)

Chungo

4f3e2ce9ea295-poster-520.jpg

Think I'm going. I mean Black Sabbath, it's gotta be done.

Who else?

Aside from Sabbath, Megadeth and Metallica, Download need to pull their fingers out of their asses if they want me to part with my dosh this year. Last year was a notable a drop in quality this year looks to continue the trend overall unfortunately.

Other than Slash on the Friday I'd probably just end up getting pissed by the campire and listening to the radio, Saturday Tenacious D, Steel Panther and Metallica would be worth seeing and Sunday Sabbath and Megadeth, but all in all not worth the £200 this year, for me.

But I've seen Slash twice, Panther twice, Megadeth twice all in recent years. That leaves Sabbath, Metallica and Tenacious D. £200? Not a chance. Day ticket looking most likely.

I usually want to see aroudn 4/5 bands that I really like, and then and handful that are decent or I want to see, mixed with others who look interesting and I woud be happy to listen to live for a little while. This year it literally is those bands I likes above that I would see, which is £40 per band, and I get to twiddle my thumbs whilst Biffy Clyro, and a host of other bands I couldn't be less interested in if my life depended on it, strut their stuff..

I'll be making my decision on festivals by March, and as I say Andy and the team need to pull tehir fingers out or I'm goin elsewhere. Usually it's a formality - Download has the best atmosphere and bands - but last year was iffy and this year I can plainly see hour stretches where I faced with a choice of get drunk or sleep, because the bands don't interest me. I can do that at home for much less.

The one I still want to do is that Sleaze Rock Cruise they do over in America. Expensive, but sounds wild.

If they'd put Machine Head on on the Sunday and not the Prodigy/Chase & Status night then i'd have paid the full amount to see Sabbath/Soundgarden/Kyuss and Lamb of God (if i was loaded that is).

Ministry & Fu Manchu will just have to do this year.

Black Sabbath have cancelled ALL their tour dates barring Download, due to Tony Iommi's cancer treatment. (And Download could be next from what I am hearing....Iommi has been hit bad by the chemo)

The tour is going ahead however, now billed as 'Ozzy Osbourne & Friends'. Which basically means all those who have bought and paid for tickets will NOT get a refund, as technically, it's not cancelled.

But for me it's like paying for a Porsche and being given a Mondeo....?

Of course, the cynic in me sees the 'Black Sabbath' tour even being announced given Iommi's illness, and now going under it's new name, meaning Ozzy and $haron are now able to throw a few quid at the jobbing musos aka 'Friends' in the title, was the sort of marketing ploy I would expect from Mr Arden's daughter.......but hey, it's probably all just a coincidence really.....

bluetonium said:
Aside from Sabbath, Megadeth and Metallica, Download need to pull their fingers out of their asses if they want me to part with my dosh this year. Last year was a notable a drop in quality this year looks to continue the trend overall unfortunately.

Other than Slash on the Friday I'd probably just end up getting pissed by the campire and listening to the radio, Saturday Tenacious D, Steel Panther and Metallica would be worth seeing and Sunday Sabbath and Megadeth, but all in all not worth the £200 this year, for me.

But I've seen Slash twice, Panther twice, Megadeth twice all in recent years. That leaves Sabbath, Metallica and Tenacious D. £200? Not a chance. Day ticket looking most likely.

I usually want to see aroudn 4/5 bands that I really like, and then and handful that are decent or I want to see, mixed with others who look interesting and I woud be happy to listen to live for a little while. This year it literally is those bands I likes above that I would see, which is £40 per band, and I get to twiddle my thumbs whilst Biffy Clyro, and a host of other bands I couldn't be less interested in if my life depended on it, strut their stuff..

I'll be making my decision on festivals by March, and as I say Andy and the team need to pull tehir fingers out or I'm goin elsewhere. Usually it's a formality - Download has the best atmosphere and bands - but last year was iffy and this year I can plainly see hour stretches where I faced with a choice of get drunk or sleep, because the bands don't interest me. I can do that at home for much less.

The one I still want to do is that Sleaze Rock Cruise they do over in America. Expensive, but sounds wild.

It's true that the line up has gone downhill the last two years but the reason for that is that the headliners in 2010 were AC/DC, Aerosmith and Rage Against the Machine. Not much is gonna top that. I went to Sonisphere last year pretty much just to see Slipknot and I still had an awesome time.

That is what is so great about festivals, I can spend days there just in the campsites, the freedom is just awesome and the atmosphere around is crazy.

Gaudino said:
Black Sabbath have cancelled ALL their tour dates barring Download, due to Tony Iommi's cancer treatment. (And Download could be next from what I am hearing....Iommi has been hit bad by the chemo)

The tour is going ahead however, now billed as 'Ozzy Osbourne & Friends'. Which basically means all those who have bought and paid for tickets will NOT get a refund, as technically, it's not cancelled.

But for me it's like paying for a Porsche and being given a Mondeo....?

Of course, the cynic in me sees the 'Black Sabbath' tour even being announced given Iommi's illness, and now going under it's new name, meaning Ozzy and $haron are now able to throw a few quid at the jobbing musos aka 'Friends' in the title, was the sort of marketing ploy I would expect from Mr Arden's daughter.......but hey, it's probably all just a coincidence really.....

And I would pay to see Ozzy perform Black Sabbath songs even if it was without Iommi.

Feed-The-Goat said:
I want to go, for Prodigy myself, but i doubt il be able to get a ticket. Id have to be lucky.

And I'm interested to see them to see what there like. Quite excited about it tbh. And why don't you think you won't get a ticket? Do you think they will sell out quick? Last time I went I got my ticket early so I don't know when abouts the sell out?

I think we are all going Soni instead now. Shame as Megadeth are one of the best bands live that I have ever seen, and woudl love to see Metallica and Sabbath, so here's hoping at least a Metallica UK tour follows.

But, for me as a classic rock and metal fan, Sonisphere looks to blow Download out of the water this year (except Sunday, which is so-so atm) and I don't say that lightly because I am a Download regular and love the festival.

I'd honestly never pay money to watch Metallica again after their shambolic performance at Sonisphere 2010. Played like they had forgotten all the songs. My God, Lars is a fucking numpty of a drummer.

And they are gonna play the "Black Album" in its entireity? There would be no pleasure in watching a load of smelly 14 year olds buzz their tits off to Enter Sandman, but look absolutely clueless when "The God That Failed" came on.

Didn't go to any metal festivals last year, would be up for it again at some point. Spent many great moments over the years in a field watching bands, but it's not value for money anymore. I paid £120 for Download 2007 weekend. The Sunday had Chimaira, DevilDriver, Shadows Fall, Stone Sour, Lamb of God, Killswitch Engage and Iron Maiden. That's a proper days worth of metal!

Chungo said:
And I would pay to see Ozzy perform Black Sabbath songs even if it was without Iommi.

Your cash, your choice (and you could have seen him do so at most of his gigs in the past 30 years since Sabbath sacked him) but, it won't be Black Sabbath playing those songs.

I'll stick with my memories of them in their prime at the Free Trade Hall, (and not so on their last tour with Ozzy when Van Halen blew them offstage as support lol)

By the way....Sonisphere has been announced.....a Queen tribute act, the Muppets's houseband, aka Kiss. And Cypress Hill's (c)rap.....feck that for a game of soldiers...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.