Download Festival

And end up in the middle of a load of tree hugging, whale saving, lentil eating, sandal wearing, pinko, liberal, loony lefties with weird coloured hair and BO (not to mention all those nasty illegal drugs)? Er; I'll pass, thanks. And anyway; it's the local OAP day out on that day, and I've been looking forward to it all year. The bingo and the old time music hall dancing is the clincher for me.

BimboBob said:
The line up didn't appeal this year. I fucking hate Linkin Park so decided to do the Hyde Park Motorhead, Sabbath, Faith no More and Soundgarden one instead.

Same about line up. Only announced bands I wanted to see later on by which time I had already made up my mind. First few bands t come out where Linkin Park, Fallout Boy, Killswitch Engage, no offence meant to anyone but that is just not what I want to hear. Reminded me of he other year when they came out with Prodigy and Chase & Status, that wasn't rockin' for me and so I feared the same this year early on.

I can see only one band that I would really want to see on the Saturday, and whilst I do like to just mooch around and enjoy the festival atmosphere (and drink Hobgoblin), there is no point in me getting a three day ticket at the prices they want if they are not putting on music I know I want to hear or at least am curious to hear or can chill out to.

Not enjoyed Download for 2/3 years now anyway, I am getting old and grumpy ;)

bluetonium said:
BimboBob said:
The line up didn't appeal this year. I fucking hate Linkin Park so decided to do the Hyde Park Motorhead, Sabbath, Faith no More and Soundgarden one instead.

Same about line up. Only announced bands I wanted to see later on by which time I had already made up my mind. First few bands t come out where Linkin Park, Fallout Boy, Killswitch Engage, no offence meant to anyone but that is just not what I want to hear. Reminded me of he other year when they came out with Prodigy and Chase & Status, that wasn't rockin' for me and so I feared the same this year early on.

I can see only one band that I would really want to see on the Saturday, and whilst I do like to just mooch around and enjoy the festival atmosphere (and drink Hobgoblin), there is no point in me getting a three day ticket at the prices they want if they are not putting on music I know I want to hear or at least am curious to hear or can chill out to.

Not enjoyed Download for 2/3 years now anyway, I am getting old and grumpy ;)

Have you thought about doing Bloodstock? Miles more fun that Download, better beer for a start and a drastically smaller proportion of bellends (though Dave Mustaine headlining does kind of even that score up this year)

I'm kind of stuck and 'have to' go now because I couldn't find anybody to buy my tickets! Although I'm really looking forward to seeing fall out boy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.