Downloading Football Manager 2007 with Windows 7

ForzaMancini

Hi, recently purchased Football Manager 2007 as I didn't like this years version and always considered the 07 one to be the best. Anyway, I've tried installing it on my PC but the installation cancels itself and comes up with this message:

"The installer is unable to run in graphical mode. Try running the installer with the -console or -silent flag"

Looked on google for some solutions but not found any to correct the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Downloading Football Manager 2007 with Windows 8

Not tried it myself but right clicking on the icon and selecting compatibility mode may help given the age of the game.

ColinLee said:
Not tried it myself but right clicking on the icon and selecting compatibility mode may help given the age of the game.

Thanks for the reply. The icon itself isn't even appearing, just the name of the drive followed by :FM 2007. Have right clicked on it but no compatibility mode option is there.

Right click on the drive and click on explore, then find the install icon.

Done what you said and one of the compatibility modes takes me to the next installation stage only for that to always stop at 1% saying "JVM file not found". This is getting ridiculously challenging to install an old game.

ColinLee said:
You need Java installing first, http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp
JVM stands for Java virtual machine.

Did you use compatibility mode for Windows XP SP2 BTW?

I've downloaded Java already to try and solve it.

And yeah that's the compatibility mode I use but I get the message included in my OP. When I use the Windows 98 mode it does load the next stage of installation but that's where I get the 'JVM file not found' message.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.