DRINK A DRINK FOR COLIN THE KING THIS BOXING DAY.

Was also at that game and the noise the whole game was tremendous. When he came on the noise hit its peak and the emotion from every fan was laid bare for all to see. A truly emotional game and one that will always live in the memory,

I remember him coming on at half time. If I remember correctly, he didn't play very well and it was painful to see how restricted he was, but the game was dying a death and him coming on lit a fire under everyone, players included. A very emotional day.
I still get in a bad mood when I read stuff about David and Colin and who's the best. I feel unfaithful just considering it - feeling a bit like cheating on the wife, which I obviously dont know what it really feels like - i'll stop digging.

Anyway, a couple of more years of Kev and I fear it wont matter.

Fantastic post sir, and that image of the team and in particular, Colin Bell, reminds me so much of an era when I was blessed enough to watch City quite regularly. My most lasting image of him in my mind was at wembley in the league cup final v Wolves and his equalising goal right in front of me, when the ball came to him I just new he would score and he didnt dissapoint,unfortunately we lost that game but that goal still sticks in my mind.Also me dad used to get me to agree to go the barbers on the promise that I could have my hair cut like his, a fashiom icon too lol.......and a true king. Oh,and a happy christmas to all.

Wasn't that played in the snow with an orange ball or am I thinking of a later one? I was definitely at the Newcastle one and if I am remembering rightly the Newcastle players wouldn't go near Bell for fear of getting lynched if they fouled him.

Think you may be thinking of the QPR game in early 78.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.