Drink Driving Confession Video

roaminblue

Heard about this on five live just now, its a confession video of a drink driver.

Found it to be pretty interesting so thought I'd share.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmpK_EshSL4[/youtube]

<a class="postlink" href="http://becauseisaidiwould.com/saveyourvictim/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://becauseisaidiwould.com/saveyourvictim/</a>

I suppose it could raise some awareness for drink driving etc, seems a little bit like the result of the reality tv culture we have these days.

Thanks for posting. I found it very interesting, and moving. Personally, I am tee-total, but the message is nevertheless strong.

UUBlue said:
Thanks for posting. I found it very interesting, and moving. Personally, I am tee-total, but the message is nevertheless strong.

Yeah, no problem. Five Live throws up some very interesting stuff at times.

Takes a lot to do that. He was stupid and could maybe get off but wont lie and try to get out of it, takes full responsibility for his stupidity. Which these days is becoming a rarity

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Takes a lot to do that. He was stupid and could maybe get off but wont lie and try to get out of it, takes full responsibility for his stupidity. Which these days is becoming a rarity

It does.

It would be interesting to hear the victim's families take on the video, however

roaminblue said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

It does.

It would be interesting to hear the victim's families take on the video, however

I was thinking that, I had a quick search might do more later.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
roaminblue said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

It does.

I was thinking that, I had a quick search might do more later.

I had a go as well, couldn't find anything though.

If it was me, I'd probably be a bit frustrated that the offender is getting more publicity than the victim.

Still, as you said at least he is taking responsibility

Every government in my memory has spent millions trying to convince people how serious drink driving is. Yet it still remains a very minor offence, usually punishable with a couple of hundred pounds fine.

If they made a first offence of drink driving punishable with a mandatory short custodial sentence, it would reduce the crime overnight by at least 50% in my opinion. Possibly more.

Won't happen though.

tidyman said:
Every government in my memory has spent millions trying to convince people how serious drink driving is. Yet it still remains a very minor offence, usually punishable with a couple of hundred pounds fine.

If they made a first offence of drink driving punishable with a mandatory short custodial sentence, it would reduce the crime overnight by at least 50% in my opinion. Possibly more.

Won't happen though.
Losing your licence for 2 years is a pretty hefty sentence, for a lot of people that means a loss of a job. They deserve it but a custodial sentence would not stop people doing it as a fine and losing your licence has made a little difference

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.