Drinking alcohol in your seat

Might make all you miserable gits sing a bit more the atmosphere sounds dreadful from my sofa
Too fucking right. I often have to have the volume on full to hear our “fans” at home. Then when the adverts start it breaks my ear drums. #BeBetter

at the match
There's a big movement behind this as discussed on talkshite

Surely football fans should be treated as we would if we went to watch rugby or a concert
However I believe there should be added rules
The bars are not open all the time. They close five minutes after kick off in both halves and open five minutes before the half time and full time whistle
There's no huge rush at half time then
A supporter can take a maximum of two drinks to his/her seat

What's everyone else's thoughts?
Football fans aren't as civilised in numbers. Thats just a fact. I dont want drinking at your seat for that reason. Also if i am paying £6 for a pint, I want a pint glass, with the word pint on it, obviously, to lob into the oppossing fans. Plastic just doesnt cut it. Literally.

I love a beer or 10 but the idea of being able to drink in my seat, at the game just doesn't appeal to me. Been to many games that I've enjoyed sober. Not even felt like having a pint. Then saw the queues for the bars in the East Stand and thought "Bollocks to that". Im nearly 42, so might be just an age thing now but imagining all the pissed up hordes pushing past me, every 2 minutes to go for a piss and a pint makes me think its a very bad idea.

I loved the San Siro after our Atlanta game with blokes walking round selling beers in the stands, but figure it would become disrupted with the twats rushing the toilet every 10 mins as they can’t enjoy a beer without a smoke or a line

I love a beer or 10 but the idea of being able to drink in my seat, at the game just doesn't appeal to me. Been to many games that I've enjoyed sober. Not even felt like having a pint. Then saw the queues for the bars in the East Stand and thought "Bollocks to that". Im nearly 42, so might be just an age thing now but imagining all the pissed up hordes pushing past me, every 2 minutes to go for a piss and a pint makes me think its a very bad idea.
Fair point that. How about if they allowed it but still closed the bars during majority of match - ie you can bring a drink to your seat to drink during each half but you can’t keep going to get refills (?)

How many people around you do you think will be drinking at their seat during a game?
The number will be miniscule and as I said in the opening post, if the bar is closed 5 minutes after kick off, then there won't be anyone moving around for the vast majority of a game
It'd be interesting to see what percentage of our supporters drink alcohol before a game, whether at the stadium or pub

Don't see what it adds to the game. It's one of these fan requests that are just thrown out there for something to say that has no real benefit.

The last thing I want is some absolute fucking weapon launching their £5 beer in the air when we score soaking everybody in sticky smelly beer for the rest of the day and if we don't score, launching it into the opposition crowd instead. It's going to cause sooo much fighting amongst both sets of fans but also blue on blue and it will be no different across the country.

I already largely avoid the concourse at halftime during away games because of this trend of launching beers, don't bring it to the fucking stands too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.