Drinking alcohol in your seat

How many people around you do you think will be drinking at their seat during a game?
The number will be miniscule and as I said in the opening post, if the bar is closed 5 minutes after kick off, then there won't be anyone moving around for the vast majority of a game
It'd be interesting to see what percentage of our supporters drink alcohol before a game, whether at the stadium or pub
Where I sat, id imagine there would be a few. I had a bloke who sat in front of me for 2 seasons, who spent more time drinking, in the concourse than he did watching the actual game. His missus even cottoned on to this fact cos she must have been watching the game on TV and noticed he wasn't at his seat, so text him asking where he was. I know this cos he was grumbling away to his mate, when he actually decided watching City was better than getting pissed.
I also used to spend around 15 minutes of each half stood up, waiting for people to either head to the bars or come back from the bars.
Closing the bars 5 minutes after kick off may work but as others have said, you get drunk people and you get trouble. It almost goes hand-in-hand. Especially on a Derby Day.
Imagine Leeds or Millwall fans being able to drink in their seats. It would be akin to a Chimps Teaparty

Where I sat, id imagine there would be a few. I had a bloke who sat in front of me for 2 seasons, who spent more time drinking, in the concourse than he did watching the actual game. His missus even cottoned on to this fact cos she must have been watching the game on TV and noticed he wasn't at his seat, so text him asking where he was. I know this cos he was grumbling away to his mate, when he actually decided watching City was better than getting pissed.
I also used to spend around 15 minutes of each half stood up, waiting for people to either head to the bars or come back from the bars.
Closing the bars 5 minutes after kick off may work but as others have said, you get drunk people and you get trouble. It almost goes hand-in-hand. Especially on a Derby Day.
Imagine Leeds or Millwall fans being able to drink in their seats. It would be akin to a Chimps Teaparty
Max two drinks per person (maybe one to start if it's a trial period) and enforcement of ejection for being drunk and causing nuisance

NFL games are pisshead central
flatten;crop_down;jpeg_quality=70

How would the server know how many you have had?
That's a person entering the seating area can take two drinks maximum
His/ her mate may be tee total and take two themselves for their mate, but that would be extremely rate
If someone is pissed at their seat holding a beer and have three pints under their feet, they'll end up kicking them over.

Will they do the £1 deposit on a cup that they do at the cricket to avoid people messing about with cups? If so, can see a lot of kids scavenging cups at the end of the match.

It'd be more sensible to designate a few blocks as a Beer Chuckers section.

Family section, Singing section, Beer chuckers section, standing section, FOCs section (CBL3 have this one covered), Empty seats section, Early leavers section...
the beer chuckers section could prove valued entertainment, beer in the air, fighting with each other and the singing of 70s and 80s terrace chants

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.