Drinking alcohol in your seat

Just another thought, every person who serves alcohol here is required by law to have “smart serve” training and they will not serve any person who appears inebriated. The take it very seriously. Firstly they could lose their licence and secondly under “host liquor liability” laws, if someone they served goes on to hurt someone, say in a car accident, they could find themselves involved in legal action.
How does that work with the guy at the baseball game walking up and down the aisles selling beer..... he/ she simply receives ID and a $10 note and hands the beer / ID / change back down the row of seats in the direction it came. Each fan is sat down looking ''OK'' even when pissed. No way can he/ she be responsible for an accident 3 hours later on the way home and with many such servers walking up and down the aisles it is hard to prove which one should have said ''no'' to the last one served. The fans can get drinks on either sides of their row.

There is definite logic to your reasoning but I think it’s more than that. I watch games (for example Toronto Maple Leafs v Montreal Canadians - one of the biggest rivalries in sport) and the fans sit together in the stands, happily drinking beer and there is never a hint of trouble. My Canadian and American friends often used to ask me to explain football hooliganism to them as it was a concept they simply couldn’t get their heads around. At risk of making a sweeping generalisation I just don’t think it occurs to fans here to go to a game, get pissed and cause trouble.

It isn't the norm but it happens. Dickheads everywhere.
http://www.espn.com/mlb/news/story?id=5098407

The drunk cock is now dead. Maybe there is Justice in the world...

I couldn't think of anything worse than to sat next to someone who needs to take a pee every 5 mins, goes to the bar every 30 mins or can't hold his beer. I get enough exercise having to stand 4 time a game due the the weak bladdered folk.

I hope it never happens as a nation there is just to many immature Alpha males out there who become some sort of Viking on spice after a beer.

What's the difference between the rules at the mo and the ones I've suggested?

Why would there be more standing up?
And if some dick head is throwing any drink around, alcoholic or not, they should be removed from the stadium

Sadly when you're pissed wet through with beer it makes no difference if the guy is chucked out, you're sat in a puddle of beer and it's game over for an after match event...

It's short sighted to think it wouldn't happen, our culture around alcohol is poor. To many socks out there bud.

The security cameras can pick out any person in the ground anyone misbehaving throwing the beer plastic cups get a fine of £500 and banned for the rest of the season
But what about the cost of policing? And once you're beer soaked it's game over for a beer later.

Imagine being treated like an adult at football game.

Maybe have a few dry zones/stands but it would be great to take a beer to your seat and drink it in a sensible relaxed way rather than throw one down your neck at half time or before kickoff.

I cannot believe there is a single football fan who doesn't support this move. It bugs the shit out of me that I am paying big prices for a ticket then treated like a naughty schoolboy. If you want to make football a premium entertainment product then it has to compete with the theatre or a gig. UEFA dropping that ridiculous Champions League ban is a start but it needs to go further. You've got people paying north of £500 for a seat in a corporate box who have to have the curtains drawn at kickoff. It's utter madness, not least because every corporate box I sit in offers empty coffee cups for you to pour your beer in so you can take it on the balcony.

I only usually have one or two pints at a match. Usually I'm chucking it down my neck just before kickoff and I would really prefer to just take it with me, just like I would a coffee or coke.
You've got to be fishing DD, man,whats worse than a twat who cant hold his beer.

We're treated like kids because some folks can't be anything else Dave.

You've got to be fishing DD, man,whats worse than a twat who cant hold his beer.

We're treated like kids because some folks can't be anything else Dave.
I'm not saying you're wrong but there's another way to look at this statement.

If you tell someone or treat someone contantly like they are stupid, they'll decide they are stupid and act accordingly. If you tell someone they are a bad person and a criminal in waiting they'll figure nobody expects any different. I'll just be bad and become a criminal.

The counter to your argument is why does having a beer in the stands at the rugby work out ok? Is it just a "higher class" of people at rugby matches? Or is one expected to act a certain way there so they do? Is there a segment of football match goers that think they're told they are low class so they act low class?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.