Drinking alcohol in your seat

I'm not saying you're wrong but there's another way to look at this statement.

If you tell someone or treat someone contantly like they are stupid, they'll decide they are stupid and act accordingly. If you tell someone they are a bad person and a criminal in waiting they'll figure nobody expects any different. I'll just be bad and become a criminal.

The counter to your argument is why does having a beer in the stands at the rugby work out ok? Is it just a "higher class" of people at rugby matches? Or is one expected to act a certain way there so they do? Is there a segment of football match goers that think they're told they are low class so they act low class?

I know a few rugby lads and have been out on a few do's with them, the eating is cheating type days. Most of them have nothing to prove and are sound lads and I think that washes off in a rugby crowd to.

To many lads have to little respect when they're tanked up and want to become an alpha male type, no all I might add.

I want to feel safe when I take my family to a game (season card holder) and think i cant be arsed sat next to a prick full of beer every week.

I've only bought a beer once at City, as it was combined with a little session, but the rest of the time I don't bother. Football fans have evolved somewhat now and there is nothing like the trouble there was when the ban was implemented. With CCTV all over the place anyone caught being a dick could be removed and dealt with accordingly.

I've advocated this for a while just because I believe football fans are being discriminated against and this would not be tolerated in any other walk of life. I probably still would not have a beer at my seat but it would be nice to have the choice.

I know a few rugby lads and have been out on a few do's with them, the eating is cheating type days. Most of them have nothing to prove and are sound lads and I think that washes off in a rugby crowd to.

To many lads have to little respect when they're tanked up and want to become an alpha male type, no all I might add.

I want to feel safe when I take my family to a game (season card holder) and think i cant be arsed sat next to a prick full of beer every week.
Completely understand what you are saying. That being said, to me it points to a deeper problem in English society if there's so many men and women that can't enjoy a couple of beers at a sporting event without being so troublesome they have to put a complete ban on the sale.

It can be and is done in America and Canada. And the local authorities and municipal leaders clearly don't think there is a problem or they'd certainly be quick to attempt to shut it down.

Completely understand what you are saying. That being said, to me it points to a deeper problem in English society if there's so many men and women that can't enjoy a couple of beers at a sporting event without being so troublesome they have to put a complete ban on the sale.

It can be and is done in America and Canada. And the local authorities and municipal leaders clearly don't think there is a problem or they'd certainly be quick to attempt to shut it down.
Don't know about Canada but the age to drink is 21 in the States which has a lot to do with it - and it is very strictly enforced

Don't know about Canada but the age to drink is 21 in the States which has a lot to do with it - and it is very strictly enforced
Then the problem is the age to legally drink alcohol is too low in the UK? Canada is province by province. I believe it varies from 18-19?

And I'd wager it isn't only 18 year old kids acting like twats in the street and at matches when they are intoxicated.

Plenty of beer got thrown around the seating areas at the World Cup. Although it was Budweiaer, so no great loss.

Tracy Crouch has announced trials of allowing alcohol to be consumed whilst watching matches in the National League Premier Division and League 2 with a view to allowing it at all levels.

As I get pissed off with people constantly leaving their seats during games just to get a coffee, hotdog etc then this will take my irritation to another level. That's before some **** decides to launch their pint when we score.

Would be interesting to have a poll added to this thread.

You probably haven't gone to a college in US. The alcohol flows freely from the first day. In reality, most kids would reach the legal drinking age only during their last year. Binge drinking has always been a big problem in colleges and in the larger society, as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.