Drinking Tour of Ireland.

Hit the West coast.
Start at Matt Molloys, Westport, Co. Mayo and work your way down to Killarney. You won't go wrong.
Bring a Khagoul, the rain will be coming horizontally

Rain coming horizontally is high summer in Scotland. Home from home.

Yeah you lot are right pissheads

Us Mancs are so much more civilised

Of course you are. Funny how any Manc I have ever met, would be inducted into the Scottish drinking hall of fame at a canter, or I should say a stagger.

My Uncle Joe was a Manc and he never let any **** down in the drinking stakes. Although his mrs my aunts Margaret would get annoyed when he went off on one about the Rags when pissed. Funny as fuck for the rest of us but she didn’t see the beauty in his level of hatred.

Best bet is to pick areas to visit and then go to the best pubs in that area when you are there. "Best pub" is a personal thing tbh. What you like may be distasteful to others.

I'd just drive around Ireland an see where you end up.

There are two things to do in Ireland.
Look at scenery or go drinking. If you like both of them, you are in for a treat.

If I could recommend something, it would be a day trip to Spike Island. Brilliant.

If you get to Limerick The Locke Bar is good for music, live acts and open sessions most nights. I'm shocked to see that it's billed as a "gastropub" on Google but I didn't get that feeling, they just happen to do good food.
My favourite pub in Limerick is Tom Collin's Bar. No music, but it's a wonderful place to sit... traditional, cozy, and friendly.

Best bet is to pick areas to visit and then go to the best pubs in that area when you are there. "Best pub" is a personal thing tbh. What you like may be distasteful to others.

I'd just drive around Ireland an see where you end up.

There are two things to do in Ireland.
Look at scenery or go drinking. If you like both of them, you are in for a treat.

If I could recommend something, it would be a day trip to Spike Island. Brilliant.

You’re right about best pubs. Great pubs is what I meant, for whatever reason. I do love a pub you can have a conversation in without shouting over music at times.

From Doolin you can walk the Cliffs of Moher - truly spectacular or take a short ferry to the Aran Islands. The nearest one has its own ship wreck and bike tours.
There is also a pub (of course!) where I have to say I supped the best pint of Guinness I have ever supped and I've
supped a few ;-)

Also from from Doolin just carry on down around the coast road to Galway and Galway Bay - it takes about an hour
in the car (if you don't stop for a drink that is!). They have now branded it 'The Wild Atlantic Coast'. If you get the weather
it's heaven. If you don't then stay in the pubs and drink the Guinness and you will think you are in heaven!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.