driving after broken ankle

marco

as thread title, ive had two plates put in either side of my left ankle, im post op now at 55 days,cast has been removed, ankle rotation is back to around 90% and weight bearing is at around 25% so still on crutches, doctors will not advise on returning to driving most likely dont want to become any way liable, dvla only advise dont drive while in a cast and or on opium medication, the most sensible advice i have found is if you can perform normal clutch operation and perform an emergncy stop then your good to go, i drove around the block a few times today and all seems good.anyone know if im legaly sound now

as thread title, ive had two plates put in either side of my left ankle, im post op now at 55 days,cast has been removed, ankle rotation is back to around 90% and weight bearing is at around 25% so still on crutches, doctors will not advise on returning to driving most likely dont want to become any way liable, dvla only advise dont drive while in a cast and or on opium medication, the most sensible advice i have found is if you can perform normal clutch operation and perform an emergncy stop then your good to go, i drove around the block a few times today and all seems good.anyone know if im legaly sound now
Trade it in for an automatic? Even when fully better it's likely your ankle will complain about long drives.

A drive to Barnard castle and back should be enough to test out your ankle.
oops-little-bit-of-politics-creeping-in-again-there.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.