driving to hamburg

foley87

only 54 return on the ferry if you catch it thursday morning....

6am from dover to calais on the thursday morning, cathing it back at 2m on the friday

lookin at 200 between 4 of you to get there and back...fckin bargain that is

anyone travelled europe before?

ive never driven that far, my cars in good nick but its done close to 100 thou miles now..

wudnt mind trying it, but dunno...wud u say a low mileage car is a must for a trip this size?

So long as it's in good order I'd say a larger engined car would be more preferable than a low mileage. Take out some breakdown cover that would repatriate the car if the worst happened and get you going again if you're unlucky enough to breakdown. If there's a few going think about hiring for the trip.

I'm really considering doing this.

there's 3 of us thinking about doing that as well - probably stay with friends in London on the Wed night and travel down for early ferry from Dover - any ideas how long the drive is to Hamburg from there??

multima is sayin 8 hours from calais to hamburg

would mean youd need to catch 00.00 ferry from dover as the 06.00am one would mean you wouldnt be gettin to hamburg til 3ish on the thursday afty

have a look at norfolk line they go into dunkerque and are about every two hours
four in a car plus hotel in dunkerque weds nite and hotel in hamburg thurs nite
i recon you can do it for les than £500 so thats only £125 each bargain
Regards
Peely

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.