Driving tour of Ireland

If you're coming in June you'll just miss out on this.https://www.rorygallagherfestival.com/ which is a pity. That's the June B/Hol weekend.
Rory died June 14th so if you're around in mid June it may be worth checking Ballyshannon out. You'll always get live music there.

Great suggestions being given to you by people with local knowledge.
You have a lot of scope in the directions you could take each day. If you see out early you could see quite a lot.
From Galway I would definitely do the Connemara option as outlined when you inquired last year.The Wild Atlantic way is the way to go.
Clifden through Leenane up to Westport (a great spot). Through North Mayo, Sligo and onto your Rossnowlagh destination.
5 days there gives you plenty of options too. Slieve League sea cliffs (highest sea cliffs in Ireland) on Donegal's south coast well worth a look, as is the beach at Malin Beg. Very quiet out there, as South West as you can go in Donegal.
If you want to go further north, Mount Errigal and Glenveagh national park, past Gweedore, is a lovely drive and worth a visit.
It's a long way up and would take your entire day round trip, but really lovely.

Hope you have a great time and get the weather again.
Thanks mate, much appreciated. We stopped in Westport for a couple of days last year and were lucky enough to be in Matt Molloys when the man himself was in for a session with a couple of other musicians. We had intended stopping for a pint and ended up leaving at chucking out time. One of the highlights of our trip. Will check out your suggestions. Thanks again.

Thanks mate, much appreciated. We stopped in Westport for a couple of days last year and were lucky enough to be in Matt Molloys when the man himself was in for a session with a couple of other musicians. We had intended stopping for a pint and ended up leaving at chucking out time. One of the highlights of our trip. Will check out your suggestions. Thanks again.
https://www.glenveaghnationalpark.ie/
http://www.sliabhliag.com/
https://www.irelandhighlights.com/info/malin-beg/
Killybegs, Teelin, Kilcar area around the south Donegal Atlantic Way all within easy reach and you'll get decent seafood/pubs etc. B&Bs are good in the area.
I'm pretty sure I stayed in The Inishduff B&B between Killybegs and Kilcar years ago when I was diving and the young lady host was exceptional. The breakfast was incredible.
The Rusty Mackerel in Teelin is famous too for good food, Guinness and craic.

So after the success of last years driving tour (it was totally brilliant). We have decided to visit the places we missed last year. So we are driving from Belfast ferry to Leitrim village for a night then on to Galway for a couple of nights in the city centre then we have 5 nights in a self cater overlooking the Atlantic close to Ballyshanon (say hi to Rory G) and then up to Bushmills before getting the ferry back. Any suggestions for Pubs, eateries and things to do in any of those areas very gratefully received.

You have to do Tig Coili pub in Galway centre. Great pub, music all day.

I’m off to Leitrim next month, staying in Lough Rynn Castle Hotel for a family gathering. Been before and it’s fabulous. Can’t wait.

Not been to Ireland in 25yrs . Did a week touring and staying in farmhouses in 1992 , it was one of my favourite holidays of all time . Can you still find pubs that also double up as shops ?
You sure can. We were in Dingle last year and they had a couple. Live music, some lovely steel guitar, absolutely cracking Guinness and you could buy anything from a washing line to a drill!

You sure can. We were in Dingle last year and they had a couple. Live music, some lovely steel guitar, absolutely cracking Guinness and you could buy anything from a washing line to a drill!

Dick Mac’s. When you go in it’s a cobblers on the left and a bar on the right. Ask a local where it is and they’ll say ‘it’s opposite the church’. If you ask where the church is the reply will be ‘opposite Dick Mac’s’.

Can’t beat a bit of logic.

For all of you who were bigging up Kerry... Last month Ryanair announced Manchester to Kerry (Farranfore) flights approx Easter to October. Flights on Thursday and Sunday. Atm it’s under £63 return if you just take hand luggage. Nice break for a long weekend, but warning, you are going to need transport (car hire) if you want to see the place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.