Dropped ball

paul1963

Not sure if it has been already mentioned.When the ball went out of play yesterday for a goal kick and the ball threw it back to the keeper why was a dropped ball given?

Not sure if it has been already mentioned.When the ball went out of play yesterday for a goal kick and the ball threw it back to the keeper why was a dropped ball given?
Is that where the ball never actually went out of play ? Ball boy picked it up whilst it was still in play

It didn't go out of play?

Is that where the ball never actually went out of play ? Ball boy picked it up whilst it was still in play
Was right in n front of me
The Lino didn’t half give the ballboy a bollocking but the young lad was handing it back!!
Fail to understand why the feck ref didn’t just give us the goal kick...would have save a minute

Happened a few years back at Stoke when one of there subs picked the ball up before it went out. The sub got booked even though he wasn't even on the pitch playing at the time. Oh how we laughed.

It didn't go out of play?
Looked like it curled out of play and came back in for me.
That along with booking their keeper for time wasting after he'd taken a goal kick and then making him retake the kick were just ridiculous.

We were right in line with the goalline in 309.
The ball clearly went out although ballboy fetched it before lino signalled. Then to me it seem he flagged for a goal kick before bollocking the ballboy - who seemed to giving it back in equal measures. Then the ref got involved who seemed to revert to a drop ball in the confusion.

Common sense would have been to give the dead ball as it was going that way whether the lad touched it or not... then have a quick word after.

All part of the ‘look at me’ officiating which seems to have taken over last few seasons, with clattenburg being the worst culprit.

Last edited:
I think the ball went out and came back in. By the time the ball boy grabbed it it was definitely on the field of play. Linesman should have given the goalkick straight away and there would have been no issue.

I think the ball went out and came back in. By the time the ball boy grabbed it it was definitely on the field of play. Linesman should have given the goalkick straight away and there would have been no issue.
I was outraged in 318,i was screaming for that ball boy to get a red card,dint happen ;-(

Was right in n front of me
The Lino didn’t half give the ballboy a bollocking but the young lad was handing it back!!
Fail to understand why the feck ref didn’t just give us the goal kick...would have save a minute

They will move heaven n' earth to get the little things right, like a drop ball if there is an over-zealous ball boy, but when it comes to hacking people down in the area, or that guy last night who forearmed the back of someone's head, it's all rather fluid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.