Dropped ball

External interference the laws classify this as. Play restarts from the point of interference with a drop ball. If it had happened on the goal line inside the goal area (6 yard box) then the drop ball would move further along the goal line until it's outside the goal area as you can't have a drop ball in the goal area but you can in the penalty area.

Personally I'm not sure the Assistant could have fully seen if the ball had left the field and felt he had to interfere without any consideration for the pointlessness of his decision nor the ball boy's feelings.

He was right on the line, I am in 120 directly on the corner flag, you could see it loop out and back in again, the ball boy only reacted when it looped out, the useless **** of a linesman was too slow and passed the blame onto a child, the wanker

He was right on the line, I am in 120 directly on the corner flag, you could see it loop out and back in again, the ball boy only reacted when it looped out, the useless **** of a linesman was too slow and passed the blame onto a child, the wanker
Didn't look out from SS3 where I was but the linesman got little/fuck all right all day so I'll go with your view & the ballboys enthusiasm.

We were right in line with the goalline in 309.
The ball clearly went out although ballboy fetched it before lino signalled. Then to me it seem he flagged for a goal kick before bollocking the ballboy - who seemed to giving it back in equal measures. Then the ref got involved who seemed to revert to a drop ball in the confusion.

Common sense would have been to give the dead ball as it was going that way whether the lad touched it or not... then have a quick word after.

All part of the ‘look at me’ officiating which seems to have taken over last few seasons, with clattenburg being the worst culprit.
I disagree. I think you can blame the rules but not the ref on this occasion

In all fairness there was 5 minutes added on time played but it should have been about 6 minutes initially. There should definitely be a rule that subs can’t be made after 90 minutes. If a player is injured from a foul during added on time both he and the player who commits the offence both leave the field. It’s worse in European games, teams waste time and the ref rarely adds on the minutes, it’s sometimes 0 or 1 minute in the first half and 3 minutes in the second.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.