Dropped ball

Another cock up from the officials. Mariner also shook his head for the pen, before receiving his instructions and blowing up for it.
TBF I thought Ederson gave another penalty late on, I think the referee would have given that if we had been winning.

Does anyone recall the 3rd Division game we played at Stoke on the Friday night?
We were winning 1-0 and it was like 1 min to go and Stoke all over us.....
The ball was slowly going out for a Stoke throwing near the corner flag.... A Stoke sub was stood there and obviously to speed things up, he wanted to pick the ball up and give it to his team member as quickly as possible..... Only he leant over onto the pitch and picked it up just before it crossed the line. There were no Stoke or City player going for the ball....
The Linesman flagged and told the ref it hadnt gone out and the sub was booked!
City free-kick instead of a Stoke throwing and we won the game a minute later.

TBF I thought Ederson gave another penalty late on, I think the referee would have given that if we had been winning.
Absofuckinglutely! I’m not sure what gets into his stupid head, but it might be long past time someone told him he don’t go to ground outside his 6 yard box! He definitely caught him with his legs!

I actually thought it was more of a penalty than Walker’s tackle, which appeared to knock the ball away from Mayer, who I think was jumping over the challenge and dived. The contact on him was incidental to the challenge, and definitely wasn’t reckless or endangering him. The only factor that anyone can use is that Walker slid in and raised his foot, but that was because that was where the ball was on the bounce.

Absofuckinglutely! I’m not sure what gets into his stupid head, but it might be long past time someone told him he don’t go to ground outside his 6 yard box! He definitely caught him with his legs!

I actually thought it was more of a penalty than Walker’s tackle, which appeared to knock the ball away from Mayer, who I think was jumping over the challenge and dived. The contact on him was incidental to the challenge, and definitely wasn’t reckless or endangering him. The only factor that anyone can use is that Walker slid in and raised his foot, but that was because that was where the ball was on the bounce.

It was a pen. I was sat in the SS3 and it was as clear as day. I'm a fan of Ederson but I'm not sure what goes on in his head sometimes!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.