Dubrovnik

Richard

Me and the misses have just booked for four nights in May.

Anyone been? Any recommendations etc?

Richard said:

Me and my wife have booked for the first weekend in May. Looks fantastic. Cable car and Old Town are highly recommended on Tripadvisor. I'm quite into recent history and there is a War Photo Museum covering the Balkan conflict that i will be visiting. A lot of people also recommend boat trips to islands just off the coast, I'll look into this more when I have the time.
Whereabouts are you staying? We are staying in the Ariston a couple of miles from the Old Town but with good bus links.
One thing I've not done yet is transfer from Airport to hotel so any tips on that would be appreciated

bluesteve1964 said:
Richard said:

Me and my wife have booked for the first weekend in May. Looks fantastic. Cable car and Old Town are highly recommended on Tripadvisor. I'm quite into recent history and there is a War Photo Museum covering the Balkan conflict that i will be visiting. A lot of people also recommend boat trips to islands just off the coast, I'll look into this more when I have the time.
Whereabouts are you staying? We are staying in the Ariston a couple of miles from the Old Town but with good bus links.
One thing I've not done yet is transfer from Airport to hotel so any tips on that would be appreciated

We will be there from the 3rd to the 7th, so will probably overlap at some point.

We're staying in the Old Town in some apartments that are rented out, been having a look and buses seem to be the main option from the airport

Dont miss this place;

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g295371-d552668-Reviews-Cafe_Buza-Dubrovnik_Dubrovnik_Neretva_County_Dalmatia.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction ... matia.html</a>

Also make sure you walk the wall of the Old City. There are some great boat trips from the harbour, and some amazing eating places in the town. You'll need the local currency which is the Kuna.
The town gets busy when there are a couple of cruise ships in, which is not every day, but other than that its agreat place to stay. Looking at going back ourselves at some stage

Richard said:
bluesteve1964 said:
Richard said:

We will be there from the 3rd to the 7th, so will probably overlap at some point.

We're staying in the Old Town in some apartments that are rented out, been having a look and buses seem to be the main option from the airport

We're there 30/4 til 3/5 so probably pass at the airport. I'll check out transfers and let you know if I find any good deals.
Cafe Buza that Bluwes mentioned looks great so will try that. Will keep checking on here and post any thing else I find in the meantime.

Went with Mrs Hef in October and loved it

We stayed in Lapad, it's a bout 5mins from the Old Town on the bus

Didn't do the cable car as I think it was a bit expensive and busy - there are also plenty of other opportunities to get fantastic views

People are very nice, there English is very good and if you get fed up of Croatia then there are plenty of boat trips to Bari and Montenegro. We just went to a couple of local islands which were very nice

We also got the bus to Cavat(sp) which is about 30mins from Lapad, another very nice area and worth going for a couple of hours

We went to Croatia last year and it was the best sunshine holiday we have ever had..

Lovely place, great views and quite cheap..

We stayed at Cavtat which is about 30 mins from Dubrovnik.Cavtat is a lovely place,ideal for families and couples..

Katie O'Connors Irish Bar is the only place we could find for games !!! It's in Old Town

270481_249375435074170_7177018_n.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.