Dunblane 1996

I still struggle to comprehend the arguments put forward by the gun lobby in America. You see a mass shooting in a school and then some fuckwit will come out and say "but if the teacher had a gun it wouldn't have happened" The solution to shootings is to give more people guns. That is some fucking logic.

I love guns as an engineering thing, just as i like using say heavy hydraulic cutters for a bit of fun.
I used to think, ahh come on it is not that bad...it is that fucking bad and the USA needs the army to go house to fucking house if needs be to take them off the streets.
There would be more people in hospital needing stitches but they would be alive.

It happened so close to the Port Arthur massacre as well.
Out Ex PM John Howard was on CBS yesterday addressing the gun lobbies attacks on him and Australia and the lies Cruz has said about Australia in debates.

The best quote summed it up from me when he was asked about suppressing gun owners human rights

"The greatest human right of all is to live a safe life without fear of random murder"

Says it all to me...........

The gun companies and their allies continue to use slyly the second ammendment as a tool to drive profits, profits that are more important in the US to many people than kids lives.

Andy Murray was a pupil there at the time I think

Yes, his class was the next due to go to the gym.. His brother Jamie was there too.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...ence-on-dunblane-school-massacre-8671255.html

Murray, and elder brother Jamie were pupils at Dunblane Primary School where Thomas Hamilton killed 16 children and one teacher on March 13, 1996, opening fire on a class of five and six-year-olds in the gymnasium with four handguns.

Murray had been walking to the gym when the shootings had begun.

In the programme, called “Andy Murray: The Man Behind the Racquet”, his mother Judy said the family knew the 43-year-old unemployed former shopkeeper, and had even given him lifts in their car.

Recalling the shooting, she said: “Andy’s class were on their way to the gym, his class were the next ones in the gym. His class was stopped when somebody went up, when they heard the noise and discovered what had happened.

“I was one of hundreds of mums that were queuing up at the school gates waiting to find out what had happened, not knowing if your children were alive or not.”

Ten dead and 17 wounded in Brazilian school bloodbath after two men begin shooting at children then take their own lives.

At least ten people were killed at a Brazilian elementary school when two hooded men entered with weapons on Wednesday Sao Paulo police said. Six children were killed as they sat down to their snack break along with two teachers before the shooters killed themselves at the Professor Raul Brasil school in the Suzano suburb of the city.

It happened so close to the Port Arthur massacre as well.
Out Ex PM John Howard was on CBS yesterday addressing the gun lobbies attacks on him and Australia and the lies Cruz has said about Australia in debates.

The best quote summed it up from me when he was asked about suppressing gun owners human rights

"The greatest human right of all is to live a safe life without fear of random murder"

Says it all to me...........

The gun companies and their allies continue to use slyly the second ammendment as a tool to drive profits, profits that are more important in the US to many people than kids lives.

They are insane and so out of order for ever citing another country. US homicides using guns have increased steadily in the last 30 years, with a real jump over the last three. It currently stands at 10 gun related homicides per 100000 people. Since 1989, Australia's homicide rate has decreased from 1.8 per 100000 to 1.0.

Trump loves to highlight the UK's current knife crime crisis as an argument for gun ownership, but the reality is that the rate of violent assault and homicide involving knives also remains far higher in America than in any other wealthy country.

A terrible, awful day. And as been pointed out, most remember where they were.

I am noticing a lot of references to prayers, angels and god on various social media platforms.

Well, where was the **** when those children needed him? Save the god stuff, if he exists in his all powerful realm and did nothing, how the fuck can people think praying to the bastard would help?

Poor wee kids. Killed by an utter bastard and if he exists, allowed to be by a bigger one.

Of course he doesn’t exist. So gun laws need to make it more difficult for those who seek to kill to achieve their goal. One things a cert, god will do fuck all.

I suppose it’s the bastards mysterious ways again. All those parents losing their babies. Don’t even try and tell me there’s a purpose to that if god can do everything.

God, Prayers and angels? Might as well invoke the fairies at the bottom of the garden for all the good that does.

How those poor people managed to carry on I will never know. They are the angels, real ones.

Can remember it as if it was yesterday, lived not far away in Larbert at the time.
Can remember going home that night and hugging my young children like never before.

I still struggle to comprehend the arguments put forward by the gun lobby in America. You see a mass shooting in a school and then some fuckwit will come out and say "but if the teacher had a gun it wouldn't have happened" The solution to shootings is to give more people guns. That is some fucking logic.
And its so obvious where it goes from there "But the teacher had a gun" - "yes but it was a handgun, if only it was an automatic rifle etc..."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.