Dundalk in the Champions League group?

law74

League of Ireland side Dundalk tonight play the first leg in the final CL qualifying round.
I'm just wondering what our RoI fans think of the possibility of them qualifying & getting the loot that it would bring them (& the increased public interest in their league)

I take it you are at Lansdowne Road already for tonight's game then lol
Do you not think that the increased media exposure would be great for the league?
I'm the one with the huge Legia Warsaw flag :)

I don't think one club getting the equivalent of 160 years worth of league champions winnings is going to be any good for the league and I don't want to see those fuckers dominating.

Did I not read somewhere that the LoI would also get a large chunk to dish out to the other sides in the league?
The money they would receive would be sufficient for them to entice any decent player in the north to play for them, but it might be more beneficial for them to plunder Dublin clubs, as for them dominating, many thought Shamrock Rovers would do the same with their Europa League money and that didn't materialise, & Dundalk could decide to invest the money on increasing the seating capacity of Oriel Park

Did I not read somewhere that the LoI would also get a large chunk to dish out to the other sides in the league?
The money they would receive would be sufficient for them to entice any decent player in the north to play for them, but it might be more beneficial for them to plunder Dublin clubs, as for them dominating, many thought Shamrock Rovers would do the same with their Europa League money and that didn't materialise, & Dundalk could decide to invest the money on increasing the seating capacity of Oriel Park
Rovers owed their bollocks out when they got that money. Dundalk are already being bankrolled, they're the last side in the league to need an injection of funds. As for a kickback to the other clubs, to the best of my knowledge neither the league or the FAI have any authority to enforce that and I can't see the Dundalk board doing it of their own free will.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.