Dunne & Richards and scoring

Chippy_boy

Team supported
God's chosen team
I feel a little guilty posting this since our lads are taking so much stick at the moment, but sod it.

So, can I ask, why are our centre backs so completely shite at heading the ball in the oppositions area?

Every time we win a corner and those 2 go up, I find myself thinking "why bother". I mean, when did either of them last score from a corner? I mean, Richards has scored *once* in 87 appearances. I remember it well. One of his early "Salmon" leaps in injury time against Everton 2 years ago. Since then, I don't think he's headed the ball on target. It's totally pathetic.

(Interestingly, John Terry - admittedly in a different class altogether - scores 1 in 15.)

I know you don't want your CB's to be leading goal scorers, but surely if they are going to plod all the way up the pitch, just *occassionally* it would be nice if one of them could head the ball towards the opposition's goal?

They seem to win the odd thing in the air and are both completely CLUELESS at how to get a header on target. Serious room for work on the training ground imho.

Chippy_boy said:
I feel a little guilty posting this since our lads are taking so much stick at the moment, but sod it.

So, can I ask, why are our centre backs so completely shite at heading the ball in the oppositions area?

Every time we win a corner and those 2 go up, I find myself thinking "why bother". I mean, when did either of them last score from a corner? I mean, Richards has scored *once* in 87 appearances. I remember it well. One of his early "Salmon" leaps in injury time against Everton 2 years ago. Since then, I don't think he's headed the ball on target. It's totally pathetic.

(Interestingly, John Terry - admittedly in a different class altogether - scores 1 in 15.)

I know you don't want your CB's to be leading goal scorers, but surely if they are going to plod all the way up the pitch, just *occassionally* it would be nice if one of them could head the ball towards the opposition's goal?

They seem to win the odd thing in the air and are both completely CLUELESS at how to get a header on target. Serious room for work on the training ground imho.

They can't be improved. You'll be trying to divide by zero next.

Brucie Bonus said:
Chippy_boy said:

They can't be improved. You'll be trying to divide by zero next.

Usually had a few at the match so have vague memories of set pieces etc. But I've noticed they don't really take a run up and attack the ball. Like you said, 1 for the training ground, have a hand signal from the taker (near post/far post/penalty spot/don't bother,it won't clear the 1st defender etc), and don't stand there, attack the space. Then we just need to teach SWP how to cross it (pass me that tin hat off the sideboard love, just dissed SWP)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.