Dusan Vlahovic | Signed for Juventus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a general question

Where have all the Suarez, Aguero, Tevez and Falcao types of strikers gone.

A few years ago everyone wanted small quick mobile strikers

Everyone seems to be a big lump these days
dearth in talent being produced in South America with the way their style of play has gone. Copa America was appalling.

That being said, it's exacerbated by generational norms as well. Argentina ran Batistuta and Crespo to the max before then a very young Messi, Kun, Higuain came through well after their peak. Brazil have never replaced Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo etc. the closest is Neymar and he's a show pony. The smaller nations all have a dearth at the moment, wouldn't know why but not much setting the world alight from Uruguay, Chile, Colombia and Paraguay in recent times.

I think people are exaggerating with the narrative Haaland/Kane or nobody. We should appreciate transfers we made until now. Only minor mistake in recent transfer history could be letting Leroy Sane but on the other hand he was unhappy in the club at that moment. We need a player that can play at a proper striker position with decent physicality. Can you imagine results we could have if Vlahovic was with us in the last season? His 10-15 goals could make a difference in those games like against Chelsea in UCL or last week against Liverpool.

What's your opinion on him blue?

dearth in talent being produced in South America with the way their style of play has gone. Copa America was appalling.

That being said, it's exacerbated by generational norms as well. Argentina ran Batistuta and Crespo to the max before then a very young Messi, Kun, Higuain came through well after their peak. Brazil have never replaced Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo etc. the closest is Neymar and he's a show pony. The smaller nations all have a dearth at the moment, wouldn't know why but not much setting the world alight from Uruguay, Chile, Colombia and Paraguay in recent times.

Lack of two striker teams, leaving less opportunity to develop and progess.

Clubs buying players directly from South America at a younger age and their development stalling.

Also greater expectations of strikers in terms of build up and defensive game.

Falcao was an exceptional goal scorer but work rate and creative ability would be poor by today's standards.

Lack of two striker teams, leaving less opportunity to develop and progess.

Clubs buying players directly from South America at a younger age and their development stalling.

Also greater expectations of strikers in terms of build up and defensive game.

Falcao was an exceptional goal scorer but work rate and creative ability would be poor by today's standards.

I think the demise of the South American game as money talks, and point 2 are the key reasons.

I know that Youtube compilations are no substitute for watching a player live, week in week out, and all I have seen is on the 'tube. For me, although a decent player, he has nothing that several of our other players don't have. Mahrez, KDB, Phil, Gabby, Gundog can all score the type pf goals he scores. For me, he would be just another squad player. As has been mentioned earlier, there are precious few talents out there like Kun who can score a goal out of nothing.

I am from Serbia and my home town club is Partizan Belgrade. In Europe we are famous for our youth academy called "Teleoptik". Due to constant financial problems Partizan is facing through decade, the club is forced to sell those talented kids from our academy and not giving them proper senior debut. Those talented kids once included: Stevan Jovetic, Aleksandar Mitrovic (Fulham), Dusan Savic (Athl. M), Lazar Markovic (ex lpool), Strahinja Pavlovic (Monaco), Marko Jojic (ex Borussia D.), Zoran Tosic (ex Man utd) and, you may read about this one- Filip Stevanovic (on a loan at Heerenveen from Man City). And now, we have Dusan Vlahovic. A kid who is forming into serious European striker. Yes, Italian football is slower than it is in England/Germany. Yes, Italian football do not have nearly as much quality as PL, but this guy is 21 years old and yet he scored 4 goals in his 7 appearances in Seria A and 2 goals in one game in Italy cup. Last season he scored 21 goals in 40 matches. I don't want to write about his qualities, which I think he has enough for PL and our club but here is nice analysis for those interested in knowing more about his general qualities and shortcomings: https://cultofcalcio.com/player-analysis-dusan-vlahovic-fiorentinas-strike-sensation/

Come on City!

I am from Serbia and my home town club is Partizan Belgrade. In Europe we are famous for our youth academy called "Teleoptik". Due to constant financial problems Partizan is facing through decade, the club is forced to sell those talented kids from our academy and not giving them proper senior debut. Those talented kids once included: Stevan Jovetic, Aleksandar Mitrovic (Fulham), Dusan Savic (Athl. M), Lazar Markovic (ex lpool), Strahinja Pavlovic (Monaco), Marko Jojic (ex Borussia D.), Zoran Tosic (ex Man utd) and, you may read about this one- Filip Stevanovic (on a loan at Heerenveen from Man City). And now, we have Dusan Vlahovic. A kid who is forming into serious European striker. Yes, Italian football is slower than it is in England/Germany. Yes, Italian football do not have nearly as much quality as PL, but this guy is 21 years old and yet he scored 4 goals in his 7 appearances in Seria A and 2 goals in one game in Italy cup. Last season he scored 21 goals in 40 matches. I don't want to write about his qualities, which I think he has enough for PL and our club but here is nice analysis for those interested in knowing more about his general qualities and shortcomings: https://cultofcalcio.com/player-analysis-dusan-vlahovic-fiorentinas-strike-sensation/

Come on City!

Thanks for your comments. I really don’t know how good this kid is but I have always loved players from your part of the world. Stems from the glory days of Red Star Belgrade - what a team they were!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.