Dusan Vlahovic | Signed for Juventus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if this guys the answer but we saw again last night an organised side defending against us, a few chances and none taken.

We can do the false 9 against 80% of Prem sides and win easily but, no number 9 option will bite us on the arse at times against the better sides both here & in the CL.

Depending on what happens in the Champions League, Haaland in January might not be out of the question
The old story of the Bird in the hand, how much have we already lost because of having no striker, we should buy Vlahovic in January for me it puts us in a stronger position with the games surrounding Haaland.

Don't know if this guys the answer but we saw again last night an organised side defending against us, a few chances and none taken.

We can do the false 9 against 80% of Prem sides and win easily but, no number 9 option will bite us on the arse at times against the better sides both here & in the CL.
Doesn't matter , we still won't buy a striker unless it's the right striker. It may be Vlahovic it may be Haaland.We will decide which and we will get him when he becomes available. We won't buy a stop gap and if the striker we want isn't available until the summer we will wait until the summer.
Last night we played a youth player as a false 9 in pretty much a B team, so using that as any indicator of how well the system works or doesn't is pointless.

Doesn't matter , we still won't buy a striker unless it's the right striker. It may be Vlahovic it may be Haaland.We will decide which and we will get him when he becomes available. We won't buy a stop gap and if the striker we want isn't available until the summer we will wait until the summer.
Last night we played a youth player as a false 9 in pretty much a B team, so using that as any indicator of how well the system works or doesn't is pointless.
Agree in general but we saw v Chelsea & Leicester that those games were on a knife edge, yes we won them but could easily have both ended up draws.

I know it's been done to death but an average striker Ings signed in the summer would have in my opinion made a big difference in the above games & last night.

We really need someone for the second half of the season, Delap will still be an unknown with his injuries but throwing him in could stunt his growth as well. Even a Carvani or similar on-loan player would provide a big boost in tight games against the better sides.

Agree in general but we saw v Chelsea & Leicester that those games were on a knife edge, yes we won them but could easily have both ended up draws.

I know it's been done to death but an average striker Ings signed in the summer would have in my opinion made a big difference in the above games & last night.

We really need someone for the second half of the season, Delap will still be an unknown with his injuries but throwing him in could stunt his growth as well. Even a Carvani or similar on-loan player would provide a big boost in tight games against the better sides.
We would never and should never buy an average striker like Ings. Simply because the reason we make more chances than everyone else is we control games and possesion. Any striker will take some of that away, and we have to balance that with the goals they will score. We won't play a striker that takes away very much of that control l like Ings would. That's why the strikers we will even contemplate is such a small pool, and why Kane was the ony option last summer.
We beat Che;sea because we controlled them, playing Ings doesn't mean we'd have scored more, we may even have lost.

It is not about signing the right striker it is about strengthening the team, if we bought Vlahovic would he be a bigger asset than our top scorer last season, would he score more, would he offer us more, our strongest team is the one that started against Liverpool, could he get in that maybe not but he would be first option if we were struggling to score, yes Ings could of done most of that.

It is not about signing the right striker it is about strengthening the team, if we bought Vlahovic would he be a bigger asset than our top scorer last season, would he score more, would he offer us more, our strongest team is the one that started against Liverpool, could he get in that maybe not but he would be first option if we were struggling to score, yes Ings could of done most of that.
Correct, it is all about options. Football isn’t an 11-man game anymore

I’m always skeptical when a report from Italy says “Italian team X” and “foreign teams Y and Z“, because the player usually ends up at Italian team X. But here it is anyway. Doubt he stays at Fiorentina past January

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.