Dutch league cancelled | No Champions, No Promotion, No Relegation

I'm With Stupid

Story

Eredivisie: Dutch top flight likely to be cancelled after major events ban extended

The Dutch Football Association “intends not to continue” the Eredivisie season after the national government extended a ban on major events until 1 September because of coronavirus.

Ajax and AZ Alkmaar are leading the Dutch top flight level on points after 26 games, with Ajax ahead on goal difference.

Dutch football’s governing body KNVB said in a statement it “intends not to continue playing the 2019/20 competition” but will consult Uefa before making a final decision.

Not much money sloshing around the Dutch league is there?

Interesting how us, the Germans and Italians keep harping on about wanting to finish the season.

Tons of money sloshing around in those leagues!

The more this desperation of finishing our league drags on the more disconnected from football I feel.

I took this to be null & void but to suit their narrative salty sally is pushing that the trophy could be awarded to Ajax who lead on differential from AZ. She may as well have a dips shirt on.

The gambling market on one week of prem games probably generates more revenue than this league as a whole. The money in our game , including City is now obscenely high in the context of the new real world. If the prem season is scrapped the fallout could be permanent with the big 6 ( now including Newcastle) pulling away to form a euro League?

The gambling market on one week of prem games probably generates more revenue than this league as a whole. The money in our game , including City is now obscenely high in the context of the new real world. If the prem season is scrapped the fallout could be permanent with the big 6 ( now including Newcastle) pulling away to form a euro League?

Newcastle are being looked into as I type, nothing sealed there yet my friend

Interesting to note that the Dutch PM said directly that restarting football without fans being able to attend means it is worth cancelling all together.

Easy to say that there is less money involved in Holland so it is easier for them to make that decision, but morally they have got this spot on.

If we were level with the dippers the media would declare them champion's on alphabetical order if it gets them over the line, declaring goal difference is unfair because we haven't played them twice.
Null and void for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.