DW gyms collapse

If my gym told me to carry on with full monthly payments (of £43) for a zoom workout and a "boot" camp 5 miles away I'd tell them to stick it, I imagine other members would follow suit. This isn't the reason DW collapsed.

DW had 73 gyms (which is a high volume compared to other gyms) and 75 stores across the UK. Rent is the biggest overhead for them and challenge during Covid given there was no footfall and income during the lockdown period.

Dave whelan had a broken leg, how when it’s the first I’ve heard of it, is he ok.

Discovered today DW is being taken over by Mike Ashley’s Frasers Group.

Sad news for the employees there, must have been running on tight margins given the furlough help from govt and not too many overheads with energy bills being down during lockdown etc. I think DW has been in trouble for a while and Covid impact was the final nail in the coffin.

Just when they thought it couldn’t get any worse - Ashley buys them. That’ll be a miserable experience for all

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.