Dzeko [Merged]

Re: Dzeko

The thing about Ba is he was doing this for West Ham last season too but it was off the radar more because they were on their way down. He is a natural goalscorer and one of those mysterious players who moves from one league to a better league and actually performs better in the new league. His Premier League record now with West Ham and Newcastle is 22 goals in 31 games.

Dzeko has been the opposite, he was better over in Germany than England so far but has shown signs that he can score just as often in England but needs to overcome this mental barrier where he suddenly seems half the player when he loses some confidence.

travelman said:
forevermancity said:
alky313 said:
His touch has been appalling. How anyone disagrees is beyond me. But this thread is comprised of two ends of the spectrum. Non-bias look says he has a major weakness he'll have to work on.
Non bias look also says that he has a great goal and assist record, and offers something different to what aguero and balo offer.

Non bias look also says the abuse he gets on here is disguting, it's starting to creep into the ground (only about 1% though).

Said this last night whilst Dzeko hasn't contributed any goals in the last 10 games his overall contribution to this team is better than both Aguero and Balotelli in key contributions. By this I mean either goals or assists to minutes on the pitch Aguero 80 min, balotelli 75 min and Dzeko 71min.

Now I admit his first touch is shit but he must be doing something right, now before his 10 game baron spell what was his average like then frightening. Before anybody says he has scored 4 in one and 2 in another, Aguero has also scored 3 in 1 and 2 in another.

So come on guys whilst he wears that shirt and the manager supports him, so should we. Just because we have rich owners does not give us the right to discard broken toys like rich spoilt brats.

Brabo mate. The spoiled kids/broken toys analogy was spot on and the longer these players play together the better everyone will play. Further, the lad has impressed on every level, including CL and national team matches (though the Bosnian NT is still maturing).

A crisis of confidence is the diagnosis here. Just by looking at his face you can tell he's in need of just one goal. You can tell he's trying hard, even tracking back and getting some tackles in, so one tends to feel for the guy. A goal, even off of his arse, and he'll be back to his earlier season form.

ok correct me if i am wrong but isnt he a second scorer of the team at this point and second in assists as well?
I mean some people here are giving the impression we are discussing Jo ffs

He needs more time, he has shown what he can do.

Alot of expectations and pressure hanging over him and all the players for that matter, his main purpose is to score goals so you could argue its even tougher on him!

He will be class.

Unfair question Ba is their main focus of attack he is the go to guy the team is designed to play to his strengths just like Liverpool had with Torres. Dzeko is in a team of superstars where he has to create his own chances more often as the team is not built round him.

They are equally talented Dzeko is just having a bad run.

There ya go - Mancini in the pre-derby interview on OS praising Edin:

"vs. Liverpool even without scoring, he worked HARD and for the TEAM - which is very important to me (Roberto). Edin will start scoring very soon".

I wish some people on here would understand the game a bit more, too.

Dzeko made Liverpool's defensive backs earn their money. He requires a lot of attention (probably most of any of our forwards, due to his sheer size), which creates SPACE for others, especially Aguero.

When you understand that you understand what (apart from goals) he brings to this team. And goals will come, that's one thing he always knew how to do.

he was poor against pool but he put in a serious shift!!

cant really ask more.

iv criticized him alot but 13 goals this season is no fluke and some of the goals against spurs were worldys.

if he keeps trying and working for the team i dont think we can ask for more plus hopefully his form will come back.....how about sunday edin?

I may be mistaken but I think I heard Heart telling him Good Job! at the half time on tunnel cam.

BlueMoonoverUS said:
I may be mistaken but I think I heard Heart telling him Good Job! at the half time on tunnel cam.

I think I heard the same thing...well I guess his job was to keep the gorillaz occupied so that silva and aguero could get more space behind...

anyway that performance is behind him, his manager appreciates it, he'll get a new chance against the rags...

didactic said:
Unfair question Ba is their main focus of attack he is the go to guy the team is designed to play to his strengths just like Liverpool had with Torres. Dzeko is in a team of superstars where he has to create his own chances more often as the team is not built round him.

They are equally talented Dzeko is just having a bad run.

Only reason I compared them was because they play similar roles for us even if they differ in the amount of focus. We ask Dzeko to hold up play and poach, which is similar to what Ba does. Except the ball seems to stick to Ba's boots like glue, and he can jink past a man.

It's not just Ba's goals, it's his hold up play, which he seemingly does against 3 defenders. I was really impressed with him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.