Dzeko, Tevez and the system

maxflicity said:
Shaelumstash said:
This is like having a conversation with a drunk hormonal bird. I'm going to make this point one more time in block capitals and if it doesn't sink in for people after that I'm just going to ignore it.

I'M NOT SAYING DZEKO IS A SHIT PLAYER. WHAT I'M SAYING IS WE CAN'T CARRY ON PLAYING 433 WITH THEM BOTH IN THE SIDE BECAUSE THEY ARE BOTH CENTRAL STRIKERS. SO WE EITHER CHANGE THE FORMATION AND PLAY THEM BOTH, OR WE CARRY ON PLAYING 433 AND ONE OF THEM DOESN'T PLAY

Oh dear.......................
Good point, well argued

Remember when Villa signed Heskey in a January window and his presence in their team completely threw an away system that had been working perfectly up to that point, we need to be careful that in trying to bring Dzeko into the team he doesn't mess with the balance we've had away from home this season.

the--dud said:
Shaelumstash said:
This is like having a conversation with a drunk hormonal bird. I'm going to make this point one more time in block capitals and if it doesn't sink in for people after that I'm just going to ignore it.

I'M NOT SAYING DZEKO IS A SHIT PLAYER. WHAT I'M SAYING IS WE CAN'T CARRY ON PLAYING 433 WITH THEM BOTH IN THE SIDE BECAUSE THEY ARE BOTH CENTRAL STRIKERS. SO WE EITHER CHANGE THE FORMATION AND PLAY THEM BOTH, OR WE CARRY ON PLAYING 433 AND ONE OF THEM DOESN'T PLAY

Ok I'll be nice and throw you a bone before you lose the plot completely :)

I understand what you're trying to say - we didn't look too hot yesterday. We all know that.
Personally I think it was down to other factors, not Tevez and Dzeko interplay.
It was down to Villa parking the bus, Tevez being too selfish at times, Dzeko still not being 100% match-fit and used to our system, Silva off-key (possibly not 100% fit yet), and Yaya having a bad day at the office.

Dzeko and Tevez didn't play well together last night but I'm convinced they will be able to in our current formation. When it clicks our front three is so fluid it doesn't really matter who plays where.
Against Wolves it looked brilliant, Dzeko looked brilliant, Tevez had a new level of freedom and looked brilliant.

Try not to make a judgement on a single game buddy. Try to just relax :)

I fully agree with this, although I am much more concerned about it "clicking" between Tevez and Dzeko, Tevez appears too selfish for that to ever happen. I do hope I am wrong here, and it will change, but I now have my doubts.

Play both of them central with Silva just in behind with the freedom to go left , right and wherever. But we have had 2 games with the system , it isn't going to set off straight away , but we will be fine they are both fantastic strikers and I am sure after a few games they will get on the same wavelength

Blue Elmo said:
Play both of them central with Silva just in behind with the freedom to go left , right and wherever. But we have had 2 games with the system , it isn't going to set off straight away , but we will be fine they are both fantastic strikers and I am sure after a few games they will get on the same wavelength

It may be the key, but I doubt it will stop Tevez from running back to the goalkeeper to get the ball and dribble through the opposing side, their bench and the lower terrace in order to score a goal of the decade...

And therein, lies the real problem. If you haven't noticed it in the previous couple of matches, just keep your eyes open and you I think you'll see even more of that in the forthcoming matches.

the--dud said:
Ok I'll be nice and throw you a bone before you lose the plot completely :)

I understand what you're trying to say - we didn't look too hot yesterday. We all know that.
Personally I think it was down to other factors, not Tevez and Dzeko interplay.
It was down to Villa parking the bus, Tevez being too selfish at times, Dzeko still not being 100% match-fit and used to our system, Silva off-key (possibly not 100% fit yet), and Yaya having a bad day at the office.

Dzeko and Tevez didn't play well together last night but I'm convinced they will be able to in our current formation. When it clicks our front three is so fluid it doesn't really matter who plays where.
Against Wolves it looked brilliant, Dzeko looked brilliant, Tevez had a new level of freedom and looked brilliant.

Try not to make a judgement on a single game buddy. Try to just relax :)
Thanks for your concern Dud, I promise you I'm fine. I wasn't getting pissed off about my point, I was getting pissed off that people weren't reading it properly and taking the time to understand what I was saying. You clearly have understood it, so thanks for that.

I completely agree with what you are saying regarding the match yesterday. There were many facotors as to why we lost the match, and you highlighted many of these beautifully.

However my misgivings about how Dzeko would fit in to the system started before he had even signed. I have seen us play 433 under Hughes with Adebayor central and Tevez wide left, and Tevez looked poor. He has probably been the best central striker in European football this season, and to move him from there to accomodate someone else is crazy.

In fairness if you cast your mind back to the Wolves game, we were extremely poor for the majority of the first half. We did play well in the second half, but don't forget Silva wasn't playing. Johnson was who often stays wide, and Tevez was playing far more centrally in the second half.

Against Villa, Tevez and Silva were both dropping in to the same positions. The beauty of Silva if that he drops in to space and creates. With Tevez playing a similar role on the other side, it just meant the middle was completely crowded.

So for me playing the current system you are essentially playing Tevez out of position and losing his major attributes, and you are making Silva's job a whole lot harder, all to accommodate Dzeko. I'm not sure if that is a price worth paying.

Love_Each_Day said:
Remember when Villa signed Heskey in a January window and his presence in their team completely threw an away system that had been working perfectly up to that point, we need to be careful that in trying to bring Dzeko into the team he doesn't mess with the balance we've had away from home this season.
Great point, I was going to bring up us signing Rodney Marsh, but I'm too young to remember

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.