Dzeko, Tevez and the system

Shaelumstash said:
Nurah said:
I disagree with many of the OP's observations about Džeko's style of play and his game last night, but I do think Mancini should consider trying out a formation with two strikers. Perhaps 4-3-1-2:

GK - Hart
RB - Boateng
LB - Kolarov
CB - K. Toure
CB - Kompany
MC - Y. Toure
MC - De Jong
MC - Barry
AM - Silva
ST - Tevez
ST - Džeko
Not sure what you specifically disagree with me about, but if there is anything in particular I'd be happy to expand on my point. I think the system you have outlined here is the only way we can get Silva, Tevez and Dzeko in to the same team, I completely agree with you on that.

It is almost like playing a Diamond midfield with 2 up top. From speaking with others on here in the tactics tread, apparrently this was the system he preferred at Inter.

I am sure we have the manager and players to make that system work, but my concern is it will take time for the players to adjust as we have been playing such a different system in the league so far with great success.

we are playing diamond midfield since november almost all games yesterday included.

its very funny how nobody seem able to see this.

Mancio said:
Shaelumstash said:
Not sure what you specifically disagree with me about, but if there is anything in particular I'd be happy to expand on my point. I think the system you have outlined here is the only way we can get Silva, Tevez and Dzeko in to the same team, I completely agree with you on that.

It is almost like playing a Diamond midfield with 2 up top. From speaking with others on here in the tactics tread, apparrently this was the system he preferred at Inter.

I am sure we have the manager and players to make that system work, but my concern is it will take time for the players to adjust as we have been playing such a different system in the league so far with great success.

we are playing diamond midfield since november almost all games yesterday included.

It's 4-3-3, you fool! :)

C1TY4LIFE said:
franksinatra said:
I think Its a fair comment with regards the formation personally, although you're right individual performances dictate how effective the perfdormance will be. The question is will we get the same level of performance from players consistently such as Tevez if he is pushed out right or from Silva if Tevez drops into the hole.

Last season in respect was similar to this, Tevez started on the right of a three with Ade and Bellmay./Robinho and wasnt half as effective until he moved into the middle. Unfortunately that was in my eyes to the detriment of Steven Ireland and so we ended up playing 4-4-2 with Sweep and Bellers occupying the flanks and Ade and Tevez down the centre. Hughes recognised this and as Ade and Tevez provided regular goals at that time it was unfortunate Ireland could not be accomodated, a role similar to the one Silva is playing.

Its just finding the right fir for the players.

Using the flanks would be the ideal option the only problem imo is that we only have 1 natural winger in Johno, I think Silva and Milner are more cut out for the middle then the wings.

I would agree with that with regards to Milner and Silva, so that leaves us if Dzeko plays a 4-3-1-2 in my eyes. Throw Balotelli into the mix in a months time and Ill be scratching my head for days, how to fit them into a formation both offensive and providing the neccessary midfield presence, to allow us to dominate possession as Mancini enjoys.

We did play well against Villa and were far superior but we have had a few "of those days" this season, such as Sunderland away, Blackburn Home, Birmingham Home. Im hoping with an additional natural finisher such as Dzeko that chances that fall will be taken and we wont come away too often being the better side, but bemoaning our bad luck.

Mancio said:

No we haven't. We've been playing a staggered 3 man midfield
..........................TEVEZ
SILVA/BALOTELLI...........................AJ/SILVA
.....................................YAYA
............BARRY
............................DE JONG

I think it's very funny how you don't see this

Shaelumstash said:
Mancio said:

............BARRY

we are playing diamond midfield . but , i dont know why , at this point i'm not really surprised you cant see it.
BTW , all the times we have played a couple of strikers (tevez-balo, tevez-JO , balo-JO) we have played diamond mid.

Mancio said:
Shaelumstash said:
............BARRY

we are playing diamond midfield . but , i dont know why , at this point i'm not really surprised you cant see it.
BTW , all the times we have played a couple of strikers (tevez-balo, tevez-JO , balo-JO) we have played diamond mid.

In the first half yesterday we played a flat midfield 3 in a 4-3-3:

.............NDJ.............Yaya..............Barry..............

How the fuck you make a diamond out of that, god only knows.

Mancio said:
Shaelumstash said:
............BARRY

You've got no idea what you are talking about.

Where exactly has Adam Johnson been playing in this Diamond?

Have Yaya and Silva both been at the tip of your diamond?

Has Silva not been starting wide and drifting inside?

Did Jo play up front alongside Tevez at Arsenal?

Go back to school

The only way to get the best out of Dzeko is to play a 2 man attack. This means taking defensive midfielder out, either one of Toure, Barry or De Jong. Its a hard choice, but that choice has to be made if we are going to get the best out of the two strikers.
By having 3 stoppers in midfield we are restricting the attacking threat we have, which is why we haven't scored that many goals this season, compared to your Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea. We really have to address this, I'd probably have to take out Toure or Barry, as good as they are, to accommodate another attacking player or a two man attack. Adam Johnson has to start more, our threat in the second half came from the right side through AJ yesterday. I am struggling to see why Johnson doesn't start, he's always a threat in a match, he opens the game and runs at defenders which leads to penalties for us. We haven't got an out and out winger like Bale on the pitch. We have one on the bench- AJ but he surely has to start!!

so much talk about the system, tactics, strikers, dzeko being rusty, tevez greedy, 4-3-3, diamond...to what cause....your team needs time to gel...Dzeko has to settle in, you can't expect him to change his style of play overnight and start banging them in for fun...Tevez also, I've been banging on about him being greedy, but he's been a lone striker for two years now, he also needs time to get used to a partner upfront...and Mancini has to get his head straight, I think he was more worrying about his father or who was it, last night than concentrating on the game, because it took him to long to realize where the team was bad and where changes had to be done...Silva was completely out of shape, and Mancini managed to miss that, and instead let Dzeko play wide left, and even as a left back at couple of occasions...once even as a dm while villa had the ball, ndj, yaya, silva tevez and johnson were all in front of him...you just need time...

Mancio said:
Shaelumstash said:
............BARRY

Tevez counts for two, that must be it, you just can't see it... ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.