Dzeko VS Negredo

DelBosque said:
Zlatan, I'm bosnian like you, but please stop making 30 posts per day about Dzeko.

Honestly, i would even suggest to forum moderators to limit some posters to 2-3 posts per day if that's technically possible on this forum. I think it would increase the quality of the forum.

Zlatan, regarding your point that it is enough to have 3 top strikers at the club and that 4 is too much. What can i tell you, both Mancini and Pellegrini disagree with you so that should tell you something.
You are not taking into account possible injuries, i'm pretty sure that both Pellegrini and Mancini would be quite happy with having just 3 top strikers during the season if anyone could guarrantee to them that none of them will get any injuries.
But injuries can happen and do happen and that is why City wants to have 4 top strikers although at the same time it means that each one of them will have to sit on the bench through more games than they would probably prefer to.

I completely disagree with any posters suggesting that Dzeko should look to change the club in order to get more playtime or be the main man on some other team. Here at City he is at a big club - fighting to win every competition they are in - so what bigger and better club could he go to?
Besides, Dzeko has started 6 out of 8 games so far this season, and i think he is pretty much nailed on to start vs, Bayern - so what more can you ask for? really?

Both Deko and Negredo are doing good so far this season - so i would leave it to the manager to pick which one of them will start each game depending on the opposition, tactics, current form etc...

And if at the end of the season any one of Negredo, Dzeko, Jovetic or Sergio or anyone else on the team is unhappy with playtime they had they can ask for transfer, Tevez did it and i didn't notice City making any problems for him to switch to Juve.
But Dzeko obviously even under Mancini got enough playtime to make him want to stay at the club and fight for his place, this season so far he is playing even a little bit more so why don't we all (especially us bosnians) let Dzeko decide on his own where he wants to play - so far to me it
definitely looks like he wants to play for City.
Thanks for this post mate.
And I can remember edin after the title winning season saying that he loved city and would love to stay here. Actually the question seemed to come as a surprise to him.

pudge said:
When people say that Negredo works harder and offers more to the team then statiscally, and I know how some loves their stats, then that was true and evident yesterday.

Don't think they should play together unless, as a last resort, Navas and one of Nasri or Silva is on the pitch with them.

Both will be important players this season but a partnership they are not imo. Jovetic and Dzeko may work well, and we've seen Aguero and Negredo work well. We'll need all 4, and all 4 will play a lot, this season.

Yes but Aguero as a main men( rightly so ) will of course play all the biggest and important games. By putting any body of those 3 strikers together with Aguero they are also granted that kind of games. Judging by last Negredos performance ( which was worse than Dzekos ) i cant really see why he should be automatic starter with Aguero. ( you have only one argument that you think he works better with Aguero ?? ).
And yes some of you are right. Dzeko is been here almost 3 years and Negredo few months. You are right that i am judging him to soon and he needs more time to let as know which are his limits.
But why than would you give a player wichh was here few month didnt have any brilliant performance so far advance on Dzeko.
Sory to me Negredo needs to earn partnership with Aguero.

Ill tell you why because negredo gives effort and links up with the team better, Negredo will score 20+ this season guaranteed.

DelBosque said:
bluemc1 said:
Mancini played Dzeko over Tevez last year V Dortmund home Ajax home and away and Madrid at home, he has had plenty of big games, he's just not done the business in them for me,

I'm pretty sure that the Manchester City management knows which player played which game and how well they did in every one of those games. And at the end of the season they decided which players are worth keeping and which players should be let go.

Now, you may think that Dzeko should be let go, just as i may think that Barry should be kept but chances for both of us (forum members) getting this stuff better than the management of the football club are probably something like 1 %

I'm trying to be objective here, kind of not even taking into consideration my personal opinion about certain player.

However, if you really insist that i criticize Dzeko (and i don't see why this is necessary because there is certainly enough critics on here) i would have to say that i expect him to create more chances for his teammates, it seems to me that at the moment he is focused too much on scoring goals and i think he can be more useful to the team if he tried hard to create chances just like he tries hard to score goals.
Yea I think your right bout edin. Maybe he's been on bluemoon and would like to prove his critics wrong by scoring 30+ goals this season !

ColinLee said:
Zlatan said:
ColinLee said:
I for one have finally lost my patience with Dzeko, yes he's there every game with chances but for Christs sake why does he need 6 chances to score just one!
No doubt Zlatan is going to make some oblique reference to his mentality because of his country of origin without actually explaining what he means.
If he's saying he's weak mentally then we would be in agreement.
Come January get rid and buy Benteke or if he's fit enough(probably unlikely) give Guidetti a chance.

His is not weak mentally. The core of Balkan mentality is that you give all ( 110 % ) or u dont give a fuck. There is rarely a middle way sadly. This Can be a PLUS if you are first choice , than those players give everything they got and they play great. Negative thing is if they feel they unjustly dont get what they should because of their quality they tend to sulk and cant give their all. There basicly isnt a middle way. The positive thing is if they are given a chance they are overconffident. They think they are the best in the world and are almost unstopible by opposite side. My opinion is that Dzeko ( because of his star status in germany and the amount of clubs which were looking for him and still are ) thinks he is better then a sub, which i think he even said in some interwiews , that he is no supersub and never was and never will be.
Dzekos Coach in Wolfsburg was a TYRANT. The worst coach in Germany. Felix Magath the real old school coach. He was more a military sergeant then a coach. He did every bed things possible to his players beside fisical attack. And how Dzeko did , he did GREAT. This tough regime motivated him. SO he is not week mentally. He only needs to feel important not undervalued and he will be unstoppable.

Unfortunately he tends to the "don't give a fuck" mentality to often.
He's paid a huge amount of money each week "to feel important", if he needs someone to pat his hand every 5 minutes and say "there, there diddums" then he's weak mentally. Get shot.

He dont need hand over his shoulder. He is mentally strong. I told you that he had biggest tyrant of german football as a coach and he was doing fine.
You show a respect to a player by playing him in big games. ( If a player is good enough to deserve it ). That is the only thing he needs.

Zlatan said:
ColinLee said:
Zlatan said:
His is not weak mentally. The core of Balkan mentality is that you give all ( 110 % ) or u dont give a fuck. There is rarely a middle way sadly. This Can be a PLUS if you are first choice , than those players give everything they got and they play great. Negative thing is if they feel they unjustly dont get what they should because of their quality they tend to sulk and cant give their all. There basicly isnt a middle way. The positive thing is if they are given a chance they are overconffident. They think they are the best in the world and are almost unstopible by opposite side. My opinion is that Dzeko ( because of his star status in germany and the amount of clubs which were looking for him and still are ) thinks he is better then a sub, which i think he even said in some interwiews , that he is no supersub and never was and never will be.
Dzekos Coach in Wolfsburg was a TYRANT. The worst coach in Germany. Felix Magath the real old school coach. He was more a military sergeant then a coach. He did every bed things possible to his players beside fisical attack. And how Dzeko did , he did GREAT. This tough regime motivated him. SO he is not week mentally. He only needs to feel important not undervalued and he will be unstoppable.

He's paid a huge amount of money each week "to feel important", if he needs someone to pat his hand every 5 minutes and say "there, there diddums" then he's weak mentally. Get shot.

He dont need hand over his shoulder. He is mentally strong. I told you that he had biggest tyrant of german football as a coach and he was doing fine.
You show a respect to a player by playing him in big games. ( If a player is good enough to deserve it ). That is the only thing he needs.

but ive just said he played in most of the big games last year, ill say again i think im right Gunners at home Ajax home and away dortmund home and away madrid home thats 6 big games and no goal

bluemc1 said:
Zlatan said:
ColinLee said:

but ive just said he played in most of the big games last year, ill say again i think im right Gunners at home Ajax home and away dortmund home and away madrid home thats 6 big games and no goal

I think at gunners game the one of Tevez/Aguero was injured but i am not 100 % sure.
In a Madrid game ( away ) he was a sub and managed to score the first goal on the game. Came in 63 minute and score in 69.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GTc1UmyZz0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GTc1UmyZz0</a> ( what a celebration WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW ).
I think the REAL fans are not used that the away team celebrate like that. They were saying like " WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS ". :) :)
If you agree we should forget the past. The past is past time.
I would like to concetrate on present. Now he have different coach and different striking partners. Last big game was Manchester united. Next Big is Bayern game.

** Sory i just saw you ment Real home not home and away. But anyway of the english teams you just wrote one arsenal game. What about Man. united, Tottenham, Chelsea games ??

LOOK to finish this conversation. If mr. Pellegrini rotate Dzeko and Negredo in big games to i Would be more than happy. And if Negredo outscore him or be better overall than Dzeko i would have no problem to graduate him and wish him all the best.

Zlatan said:
bluemc1 said:
Zlatan said:

I think at gunners game the one of Tevez/Aguero was injured but i am not 100 % sure.
In a Madrid game ( away ) he was a sub and managed to score the first goal on the game. Came in 63 minute and score in 69.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GTc1UmyZz0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GTc1UmyZz0</a> ( what a celebration WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW ).
I think the REAL fans are not used that the away team celebrate like that. They were saying like " WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS ". :) :)
If you agree we should forget the past. The past is past time.
I would like to concetrate on present. Now he have different coach and different striking partners. Last big game was Manchester united. Next Big is Bayern game.

** Sory i just saw you ment Real home not home and away. But anyway of the english teams you just wrote one arsenal game. What about Man. united, Tottenham, Chelsea games ??

LOOK to finish this conversation. If mr. Pellegrini rotate Dzeko and Negredo in big games to i Would be more than happy. And if Negredo outscore him or be better overall than Dzeko i would have no problem to graduate him and wish him all the best.

fair enough

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.