Dzeko?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This report sounds like Roma's sporting director has flown back to Manchester for more talks....didnt he meet with us Sunday/Monday as well?....If true, a deal must be close...

Thursday July 16 2015
Roma fly in for Dzeko
By Football Italia staff
dzeko-run490epa_4.jpg
EPA.png

Roma sporting director Walter Sabatini has reportedly flown to England for Manchester City’s Edin Dzeko, but a plan B has emerged.

The two clubs seemed to have reached a deadlock over their valuations of the striker, but La Gazzetta dello Sport has reported that Sabatini has returned to try and make progress for a deal.

However, it remains likely that the player will be too expensive, with wage demands of €4m per season and an asking price of around €30m, and alternatives have been suggested.

Gazzetta believes that Roma’s plan B would be to make a move for Everton’s Romelu Lukaku, Aston Villa’s Christian Benteke or Alexandre Lacazette of Lyon.

Was never my favorite player as far to frustrating and seemed to posses the first touch of a young child. However he did score some "heavy" goals for us and will be grateful for that. I think anything around 16m is a good deal for all parties, as others have said we never really played to his strength so I do have a bit of sympathy for him in that respect. Thanks Edin

Roma's plan B's all sound likely to cost more than our Edin.

Definitely. Lyon's president said £35m+ for Lacazette, Lukaku won't go for less than the £28 Kenwright paid for him, and Benteke's buyout clause is £32m.

Meanwhile Roma are haggling over paying £14m or £16m for Dzeko...

I think Roma might have been waiting to see if Milan meet their valuation for Romagnoli.....With a possible 30mil euros on its way to Roma's bank account, it looks like things might start moving with Dzeko now...

Milan to meet Romagnoli price?
By Football Italia staff
Romagnoli-Ita490epa_2.jpg
EPA.png

Milan are reportedly prepared to meet Roma’s €30m asking price for Alessio Romagnoli in order to ward off competition from Arsenal.

The Rossoneri have had a series of bids for the Italy Under-21 defender rejected,including a €25m offer on Tuesday,before it emerged thatthe Premier League giants were also interested.

La Gazzetta dello Sport report that Milan will make a new offer of €30m including bonuses, with the Gialllorossi reluctant to take accept any lower bids.

It was reported by Gazzetta and the Daily Express yesterday that the Gunners were considering a swoop, but an official approach is yet to be made.

Fail.

That's Rugani (Juventus), who he's also very promising, not Romagnoli.

Anyway Dzeko and Romagnoli are two different operations, they don't need the youngster's money to buy Edin.
They are holding out for €30m because he's coming from their accademy and he will be key with the new regulation kicking in next year. Basically is one the few HG they have that can actually contribute and start with the first squad.

He's a not a filler, hence the transaction would "comparable" for them to Liverpool selling Sterling.

Now €30m would be an offer way over, despite the huge potential shown, his current value and likely to be accepted

Definitely. Lyon's president said £35m+ for Lacazette, Lukaku won't go for less than the £28 Kenwright paid for him, and Benteke's buyout clause is £32m.

Meanwhile Roma are haggling over paying £14m or £16m for Dzeko...

Problem is that Dzeko, unlike the others, has no resale value.

He's definitely the better player though.

I have been a big Dzeko fan even though he is a bit of a boo boy, especially from some near me. He has been good for us and scored some important goals and on his day piut in some class performances.

I would definetly get rid now though. Last season he wasnt involved much, didnt take his opportunities when he had the chance and for me the worst aspect of all was the "lap of appreciation". I watched him walk around like a sulking child, hands buried deep in his pockets not acknowledging any of the fans. We dont pick the team Edin! The difference between world class players and good players is the way they handle themselves when they aren't playing well or when they are in the doldrums. This shows the mark of Dzeko. I would imagine in the dressing room and training he may also be a problem, which adds to the reason he should go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.