Each car in London costs NHS 8000 Quid

In Japan, your employer pays your commuting costs as standard. Maybe that's something that should be brought to London.

The London weighting that many jobs, esp in public sector, have is supposed to cover the extra cost of travel in and around the capital. Doesn't match inflation, though, and transport costs tend to exceed inflation.

The manufacturer of my car tells me that the air I breathe inside the car is clean as the car filters all the pollutants out of it, although I am still subjected to the smell of dirty fumes of a poorly maintained car or lorry in front of me
It'll filter some of it, but I wouldn't trust it to filter everything. I suppose some cars are better than others.

Governments really need to make some big decisions when it comes to cars. I don't have a clue what causes more pollution engine wise ect, but get some huge incentives in place buying electric or hybrid cars. God knows how many cars there are on the road that have a dodgy MOT relating to exhaust fumes.

Governments really need to make some big decisions when it comes to cars. I don't have a clue what causes more pollution engine wise ect, but get some huge incentives in place buying electric or hybrid cars. God knows how many cars there are on the road that have a dodgy MOT relating to exhaust fumes.

The really big decision to be made is the decision and commitment to get stuff out of the SE of England and spread around the country. If employment is at a record high and so many people live down there and work there why are they surprised by increased pollution? Deliveries to shops - taxi journeys - more planes to fly out of Heathrow and so on with no signs of anything being done to trim this out there is absolutely nothing they can do to fix the bad air problems there save for perhaps make everything illegal except for walking.

The really big decision to be made is the decision and commitment to get stuff out of the SE of England and spread around the country. If employment is at a record high and so many people live down there and work there why are they surprised by increased pollution? Deliveries to shops - taxi journeys - more planes to fly out of Heathrow and so on with no signs of anything being done to trim this out there is absolutely nothing they can do to fix the bad air problems there save for perhaps make everything illegal except for walking.

True it is a densely populated area.

amount of bumwad consumed plus water in the flush and general wear and tear on the pipes. Exemptions will be granted for the under 16's and pensioners will be offered a discount on use.

We're already taxed on Bumwad, as it's a vatable product.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.