Eagles take flight

BlueDan91

English Premier League team; Manchester City football Club have granted permission to the duo of Kelechi Iheanacho and Chidiebere Nwakali to join the Nigeria U20 football team ahead of their preparations toward 2015 African Youth Championship qualifiers in May.

The youngsters will now join their team mates in Abuja on Wednesday, April 9th after playing a game for the Manchester City youth team.

Flying Eagles team secretary; Aliyu Auwal Ibrahim said he received the confirmation of the players’ arrival from City's sports director.

“Iheanacho and Nwakali have a game on April 8 and they will be released to join us a day after. I received this assurance from the sports director of Manchester City,” Aliyu Auwal disclosed.

“We hope to soon receive confirmation on the other foreign-based players we have called up,” he added.

BlueDan91 said:
English Premier League team; Manchester City football Club have granted permission to the duo of Kelechi Iheanacho and Chidiebere Nwakali to join the Nigeria U20 football team ahead of their preparations toward 2015 African Youth Championship qualifiers in May.

The youngsters will now join their team mates in Abuja on Wednesday, April 9th after playing a game for the Manchester City youth team.

Flying Eagles team secretary; Aliyu Auwal Ibrahim said he received the confirmation of the players’ arrival from City's sports director.

“Iheanacho and Nwakali have a game on April 8 and they will be released to join us a day after. I received this assurance from the sports director of Manchester City,” Aliyu Auwal disclosed.

“We hope to soon receive confirmation on the other foreign-based players we have called up,” he added.
Hmm, i want to see that game, and see if they live up to the hype !

As we signed these 2 just after the U17 world cup,
this means that they were under the ages of 18, and therefore are we open to the same problems as Barca? (ie under 18 players not from Europe)

Or are they continuing to play for their old academies (or Right to Dream even?)) until they reach the age of 18?

Because I have not seen them mentioned in any appearances for the U18's as of yet

FantasyIreland said:
ColinLee said:
I'm puzzled by these 2, where do they actually play?

You mean as in 'where are they' now??

or their respective positions?
Ahh, as in which country? They're not in Manchester I presume since I've seen no mention of them. Wouldn't whichever club they're at have to give permission for them to go to an international call up?

dips66 said:
As we signed these 2 just after the U17 world cup,
this means that they were under the ages of 18, and therefore are we open to the same problems as Barca? (ie under 18 players not from Europe)

Or are they continuing to play for their old academies (or Right to Dream even?)) until they reach the age of 18?

Because I have not seen them mentioned in any appearances for the U18's as of yet
That's why they've not been playing for us yet, I assume. Once they turn 18 they can come over, but before that they can only agree pre contract agreements (I think)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.