Earliest City match attended by a forum member

Boxing day 1968 lost 1-3 to Everton but remember it like yesterday. Threw the ball back to Glynn Pardoe for a throw and was hooked from that day

Beat me to it...

... pretty sure the first half was the quietest half of football City ever played.

No wonder they never scheduled any more games at 11:15AM on a Sunday.

It was for the Asian tv market as we had Sun Jihai and they had, I think, a South Korean player

Think it might have been a worldwide record tv audience for a pl match at the time

It was for the Asian tv market as we had Sun Jihai and they had, I think, a South Korean player

Think it might have been a worldwide record tv audience for a pl match at the time
They had Li Tie in midfield. He's the manager of the Chinese national team these days, and it was definitely reported as the biggest worldwide audience at the time.

My Dad started taking me to the reserves around 1955.
I might have done a first team but cant remember.
Sep 1958. beaten 3-1 at home by Everton. Bobby Collins first game I think and he destroyed us.
August 3rd 1958 Preston at home 1-1-. If Tom Finney played Centre forward for them and scored I remember this one, bits of it anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.