Earliest European kickoff

Didn't we play AC Milan in the midweek afternoon because of the weather the night before?
Was just about to post this. It was fog the night before iirc. Having seen the footage since, the weather when the game was played the following day was beautiful, although doubtless cold. We were the first English team to get any sort of result at the San Siro iirc. I was at primary school at the time and the teacher told us the result towards the end of the day. I was buzzing.

I’m sure @Gary James can fill in the gaps.

I remember going to a home game in the Europa at around 5pm. Was it Porto?

Nothing beats the 11am kick off against Everton albeit it at the weekend

Pretty sure the Everton game kicked off at 11.15. As far as I know, there has only ever been one 11AM kick-off in the history of the Premier League and that was the Maine Road derby on March 20th 1993 (same day as the Warrington bomb).

Was just about to post this. It was fog the night before iirc. Having seen the footage since, the weather when the game was played the following day was beautiful, although doubtless cold. We were the first English team to get any sort of result at the San Siro iirc. I was at primary school at the time and the teacher told us the result towards the end of the day. I was buzzing.

I’m sure @Gary James can fill in the gaps.
Didn't the city fans on the official trip have to leave at ht to get the plane back. Or is that a myth?

I'm quite happy with a 5:55 kick off. Matches at 7:45 give me too much time to get pissed on a week night. 5:55 I can finish work, walk to the ground with a can, pint in the ground, and wake up for work in the AM like a normal human being.

I'm quite happy with a 5:55 kick off. Matches at 7:45 give me too much time to get pissed on a week night. 5:55 I can finish work, walk to the ground with a can, pint in the ground, and wake up for work in the AM like a normal human being.

Pint in the ground? Are you corporate.

i'm guessing the early kick offs will be for away matches, mainly due to the time difference and the cold in some parts of europe. Later kick offs abroad can be a real pain in the ass. Its gone midnight before you find a bar and most are shut. So 17:55 would be great for late beers abroad

A lot of people don’t finish work until 18:00

I remember going to a home game in the Europa at around 5pm. Was it Porto?

Nothing beats the 11am kick off against Everton albeit it at the weekend
I done Coventry away 86’ish ? On a sunday morning, 11am KO? Fucking snowing, freezing and i’m sure it was 0-0!
I’m sure somebody on here with a better memory can confirm or maybe it’s my imagination .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.