Earliest European kickoff

I was there at the San Siro for the MIlan game. It was so foggy that night that you couldn't see the near touchline, let alone the far one. Three of us had come by train and were planning on getting the overnight back to Paris, but we stayed on in the same cheap hostel, got absolutely smashed on the local vino rosso in some back-street trattoria, but still managed to get up for the 12 o'clock kick-off the day after. Kiddo and Paul Power put us 0-2 up, but we let them draw! 3-0 back at Maine Road. Happy Days!

I done Coventry away 86’ish ? On a sunday morning, 11am KO? Fucking snowing, freezing and i’m sure it was 0-0!
I’m sure somebody on here with a better memory can confirm or maybe it’s my imagination .
I remember that lovely morning!! But my memory was a 2-2 draw. Think Steve Redmond got a couple? But it’s just as likely it was 0-0 and senility is setting in

Slightly off topic but couldn’t find a thread on it:

Would no home 5:55pm kick offs be guaranteed for premier league teams, on UEFA site it doesn’t seem to be guaranteed?

If not how will this affect the ability of us to put bums on seats (fewer adults due to work commitments possibly more kids as earlier finish on a school night)?

How much drop off will there be from the CL cup scheme and consequent no shows from fans that can’t be arsed paying on a cold and wet November evening (That will be me, I’m not rushing from an appointment that finishes at 5pm so I won’t be able to join the CL cup scheme next season).

I remember that lovely morning!! But my memory was a 2-2 draw. Think Steve Redmond got a couple? But it’s just as likely it was 0-0 and senility is setting in
2-2 and a double for Steve Redmond is correct. Official attendance was 12,689 including me.

Didn't we play TNS at a daft time?
Don't think so. First competitive game at CoMS (as it was) and we won 5-0 and the the second leg at the Millennium Stadium and we won 2-0. I think both we evening kick-offs at the usual time. 745 or 8-00 IIRC.
I think the away game against Groclin (0-0) kicked off about 6pm local time, so maybe 5pm here. Decent afternoon beer or three in Poznan before heading of to a ground that makes Alty look like Wembley.

Groclin was 3 pm here so 4pm there. The earlier kick off time is much better for countries 1 and 2 hrs ahead, which is most teams, so can't really complain.

Don't think so. First competitive game at CoMS (as it was) and we won 5-0 and the the second leg at the Millennium Stadium and we won 2-0. I think both we evening kick-offs at the usual time. 745 or 8-00 IIRC.
I think the away game against Groclin (0-0) kicked off about 6pm local time, so maybe 5pm here. Decent afternoon beer or three in Poznan before heading of to a ground that makes Alty look like Wembley.

Cheers EL.
Hope game is on tonight if you're going.

what was the game won on penalties in the uefa cup abroad, i was in Spain at the time and remember it being on tv in the afternoon. Must be 10 or so years ago now i guess

That's the earliest I remember, 2-0 up as well, AC hadn't lost a home European tie at that point iirc, and then, the ref stepped in and evened things up, how times have changed, not, we still smashed them in the return, Asa scoring a cracker.

Quite a crowd for 1:30. Maybe they were all on an extended lunch break.

what was the game won on penalties in the uefa cup abroad, i was in Spain at the time and remember it being on tv in the afternoon. Must be 10 or so years ago now i guess
FC Midtjylland - lost 1-0 at home, won 1-0 away then through on pens.
August 2008.
Now to head south to Arsenal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.