Early thoughts on City and the Premier League

Marvin, I do not think Pep wants a traditional striker so we were never in the running for Kane. The only way he would have come was if the fee was 80 Mill. That was never going to happen so we allowed the media free reign.
Grealish is an improvement on Sterling but with a fit Foden.... perhaps for once we bought an english star to raise our media profile.
I think pep has had the Jesus Torres combination in his head since late last season and I think in 10 games time it will be blowing everyone away.

Our main threat is Chelsea who look so solid and have bought well.
Liverpool and united will always be there but .... the rags scatter gun approach to buying players will hinder them and Liverpool have not really strengthened.

League: City
Champs League : Chelsea
League Cup: need you ask
Fa cup I refuse to even type who but they desperately need something to show for 100 Mill plus.
Gunners?!

That's really not true in the case of centre-forward. With the departure of Aguero we don't have a single experienced player in our squad who you could describe as a classical centre-forward.

I am worried that the purchase of Grealish creates a potential problem in waiting with Sterling. How are we going to incorporate Sterling, Foden and Grealish in the same side and keep them all happy?
I think that's the point. Grealish's signing creates big competition for Sterling and he has to up his game from last year or we will sell him. He is English, high profile and had a strong Euros. So there will be a ready market for him even if he is out of our first XI.

That's really not true in the case of centre-forward. With the departure of Aguero we don't have a single experienced player in our squad who you could describe as a classical centre-forward.

I am worried that the purchase of Grealish creates a potential problem in waiting with Sterling. How are we going to incorporate Sterling, Foden and Grealish in the same side and keep them all happy?
Sterling has come on as a sub in the last two games and played through the middle.

Foden and Grealish for the left
Torres Sterling and Delap in the middle
Jesus and Mahrez on the right
…could possibly be the way Pep wants to go. It makes sense, there’s good symmetry with numbers for rotation.

deBruyne Gundogan Bernardo and Palmer in attacking mid (with the flexibility to put Foden or Grealish there if we want).

Sterling has come on as a sub in the last two games and played through the middle.

Foden and Grealish for the left
Torres Sterling and Delap in the middle
Jesus and Mahrez on the right
…could possibly be the way Pep wants to go. It makes sense, there’s good symmetry with numbers for rotation.

deBruyne Gundogan Bernardo and Palmer in attacking mid (with the flexibility to put Foden or Grealish there if we want).
I'll be amazed if Sterling plays more than a handful of games down the middle this season. It wont work. he can't finish. If that's the plan, he'll be off.

Love this idea that Grealish "slows us down" when he provided the essential link-up play to make sure our only counter attack of the game against Arsenal ended up in the net.

I'll be amazed if Sterling plays more than a handful of games down the middle this season. It wont work. he can't finish. If that's the plan, he'll be off.
You say Sterling "can't finish" as if it's still 2017 and he hasn't scored 100+ goals for City and hasn't just come off the tournament of his life playing down the middle.

I'd think Chelsea are the early favourites. They're full of confidence, can grind out results and have a lot of firepower in the team.

We'll be there or thereabouts come the end of the season though . Sadly, I think our record in the big games will define our season. If Pep doesn't improve his record against Klopp, Tuchel and Noddy then we can kiss goodbye to retaining the PL.

We have the best squad in the PL, we can rotate like last season. Torres and Rodri will be better this season, with Jesus also starting well all we need to do is get Sterling back ticking again and we will be right in the mix for everything, PL, CL, FA cup and League Cup. Chelsea Liverpool and that shower of shit from down the road are our main challangers. A lot is down to us the Fans, backing each player and Supporting the team, we need to give 100% SUPPORT in every game, making the Etihad a fortress a place teams dont want to come to, Come on Blues give the support and the rest will follow.

Reactions: cbl
You say Sterling "can't finish" as if it's still 2017 and he hasn't scored 100+ goals for City and hasn't just come off the tournament of his life playing down the middle.
Never ever use international football as a guide for club football.

He's scored plenty of goals cutting in for City. He's not a central striker and I don't think he ever will be. His asset is his speed, and trickery, not finishing. I'm not critical of Sterling's all round game, I just don't think he's going to be very useful if played down the middle which was someone else's suggestion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.