Ebb and flow...

Thaksinssoldier

Okay, I posted this a few weeks back in a thread, but I think it needs to be said.

A lot of our fans need to realise something.

I'll use today to highlight this but this will apply for almost every single game we play.

David Silva was absolutely immense.

He was able to be immense, because Arsenal were terrified of Leroy Sane. So they used zones and tight marking to restrict Leroy today. It worked.

The trade off, is it left an acre of space for Spanish Dave and he tore them to shreds.

Now, in the greater context of the season, this is going to happen in one way or another each and every week.

For example, Leicester will double KDB and Silva. So expect Sane and Sterling to rip them apart. Next game, someone will try park the bus...so Walker will look a star.

My point is, a player will almost be guaranteed to take the hit every week as teams try to figure out a way to stop us. It's sacrificial, and it doesn't mean the player had a bad game, he was just neutralised, which in turn allows another player a huge opportunity in that game.

Thoughts?

Okay, I posted this a few weeks back in a thread, but I think it needs to be said.

A lot of our fans need to realise something.

I'll use today to highlight this but this will apply for almost every single game we play.

David Silva was absolutely immense.

He was able to be immense, because Arsenal were terrified of Leroy Sane. So they used zones and tight marking to restrict Leroy today. It worked.

The trade off, is it left an acre of space for Spanish Dave and he tore them to shreds.

Now, in the greater context of the season, this is going to happen in one way or another each and every week.

For example, Leicester will double KDB and Silva. So expect Sane and Sterling to rip them apart. Next game, someone will try park the bus...so Walker will look a star.

My point is, a player will almost be guaranteed to take the hit every week as teams try to figure out a way to stop us. It's sacrificial, and it doesn't mean the player had a bad game, he was just neutralised, which in turn allows another player a huge opportunity in that game.

Thoughts?
you've just summed up Stephen Irelands rise to fame,on the back of robinho getting crowed leaving "superman" loads of space.

Thought the in stadium decision to give KdB man of the match was really lazy. In what was a very tired performance after Napoli, Dave Silva was by far the best player on the pitch

I agree David was immense and i give Pep great credit for resting him Wednesday , the rest i totally get which is great as we have so many match winners in team in so many positions.
Sorry can't elaborate too much only had a skinful to celebrate.

Spot on. This team is special. Made so by the very special tactician behind them!

you've just summed up Stephen Irelands rise to fame,on the back of robinho getting crowed leaving "superman" loads of space.

Absolutely! Back then think of the movement around him.

The reverse is it sometimes allows players to look better than they are, just look at post Germany Mhktaryian ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.