Eddie Kidd (stunt rider)

Always Ali

Team supported
The Champions of Everything
Just seen story about him on the One Show. Very uplifting story, he has an Aquired Brain Injury (from a routine accident while jumping) and is currently, despite being totally paralysed down one side, doing the London Marathon. He is at around mile 10 at the moment and its seems crazy to see a man who was so healthy/active in such a sorry state but still trying to complete something very daunting to an able bodied person!

my old high school was on cheggars plays pops in 85/86 and eddie kidd was our `star` for our team,he couldn`t pronounce our school name and had to do about 4 or 5 takes,nice fella what i could remember of the day,had a cornish twang to his voice if i remember rightly....

nashark said:
Is he doing the marathon in a chair?

If so, that's cheating.

Not sure "cheating" applies to someone in his condition!

But no, he is walking the course with aid of a "Zimmer" type contraption. He is constantly being reminded how to hold his posture as has no/very little control of his limbs.

I've just been told that, today, he was on Celebrity Cash in the Attic. With this and the marathon, I reckon he's probably skint at the minute. I wouldn't like to see him do I'm a Celebrity, though. For me, that would be too much.

Saw that too.... Looks like it's a real ordeal for him....as said, he has to be instructed on every single step with regards where to put his weight etc...

Good luck to the bloke.

Went to see him at the old White City near the swamp about 1982, he promised to break Evel Kenievel's world record and jump 14 double decker buses. In the end, he shat himself and did a safe 12. He never had Evel's balls and that is why he is a cabbage today. Harsh but the truth

That's the risk you take doing a job like that. Looked an incredible effort for him to run.

LongsightM13 said:
Went to see him at the old White City near the swamp about 1982, he promised to break Evel Kenievel's world record and jump 14 double decker buses. In the end, he shat himself and did a safe 12. He never had Evel's balls and that is why he is a cabbage today. Harsh but the truth

Well its not the truth is it. In 1996, Eddie was a dashing celebrity with fans all over the globe when he was almost killed in one of the stunts that made him famous. He was appearing in the annual motorcycle rally, Warwickshire's Bulldog Bash, where he was expected to jump 50ft.

But as he landed his Honda CR500, the bike's suspension failed and Eddie's chin cracked into the tank.

He fell 30 feet down a bank, suffering brain damage, a broken collar bone and pelvis and six damaged vertebrae.

You should know what your talking about before commenting like that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.