Eden Hazard

Come on mate he only got 17 goals and 13 assists this season, he'll probably have to hope a Championship team take a chance on him...

Exactly, during a bad season at that too. Hope Chelsea manage to get someone to take him off their hands for a few mil. What a burden

No doubt he'd be amazing for us but I don't see it happening.

Too often we see these situations where we're linked with top players who are getting close to the end of a contract. It's almost always been negotiating tactics to try to get more out of their current club. Hazard is Chelsea's best and most iconic player and their hire and fire model under Abramovic is starting to show signs of long term weakness versus United, who will always have the money, and the longer term approaches of City, Spurs and Liverpool. He knows he has them over a barrel.

Does seem odd but maybe he wants them both (!) or maybe something has changed or...

Well I've never believed we were ever really in for him.

We will enquire about a lot of players & I imagine aren't really interested in most but will put it to the manager & let him decide.

I can imagine Txiki's surprise when he said "Bony ?" to Pellegrini & Manuel said "yes".

I don't think it's that strange mate. Why are you so sure Mahrez is an alternative to Hazard?
Mahrez is a good rotational option for the wings, a strong competitior for Sterling and Sane.

Hazard, on the other hand, is an archetypal Guardiola's 'false 9' who would replace Aguero with the latter departing to Atl Madrid. Using EH on the wings just to stretch the play would be a waste of resources.

The first transfer is quite easy to execute, the second one is hardly possible. I'm not sure these 2 deals are interconnected.

Just my thoughts.

My thoughts are that Pep will continue to use a cf in the Prem as he did in Germany & Hazard has never been seriously considered as he is too old to justify the huge outlay on a gamble, which he seriously would be.

The 'false 9' only weakens the team unless it's a tactical switch or it's Lionel Messi (which Hazard will never be close to).

If he was 20, we would be right in for him & he would be 3 times the player he is now if we signed him.

Or if he was at the end of his contract, like Sanchez ( who, had he replaced Aguero as a 'false 9' would have put Pep out of a job) & willing to work within our wage structure, we would sign him. (Or if we had money to burn & he would sign for our wages we 'might' do it but I recon Pep would sign someone younger then as well.

Exactly, during a bad season at that too. Hope Chelsea manage to get someone to take him off their hands for a few mil. What a burden
We should be going all out for Hazard if he’s available. RVP moment, ruining a rival while adding massive to your own.

It’s not just the transfer fee though it’s the wages as well? Hazard would want at least £300,000 a week!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.