Eden Hazard

First things first, I don't think chelsea would sell him to a rival especially one already in a much stronger position than them. He is as close to irreplaceable as a player they can have. The likes of Costa, Matic, Willian didn't come close to the effect he has on that team. They would quicker sell him to real, psg, bayern than a rival in the premier-league so I don't see this happening. But if there were to even be a small possibility they would sell and he would be willing to come, it would be a no-brainer of a transfer and I believe pep would view it as the same even for 100m or 300k wages.

Pep would turn him into a lesser versio of what he did messi as a 'false 9' at barca. That would mean jesus would have to rotate with raheem and sane for the wing roles and occasional as a striker if hazard needs rest. Hazard in that role with sane and sterling flanking him would take the team to an even higher level than it already is. Imo he's the only player in world football who combines incredible close control with acceleration and burst of speed at a high level anywhere close like messi does. To add to that he's also a creative player with a very good passing range. Basically think of someone with the close control/awareness of silva, the creative passing of de-bruyne and the burst of acceleration of sterling combined together and you have hazard.

My biggest problem with him has always been his off the ball movement as because of his ability on the ball, he always prefers to have the ball played into feet and all his best work is done with him always on the ball compared to sane/sterling where they are more dangerous with their movement when they don't have the ball. That's why I feel he would excel as a 'false 9' in this team/setup where most of the running is done by the young wingers to spread play and open space. He can do the de-bruyne and silva thing where they pick the ball and drive it through the middle on the break and produce an assist for a team-mate with a pass but where he stands out from almost anyone in the team is he also has the ability to go on by himself and beat several players and score in those tight games where space is little and the opposition have 10 men behind the ball. His dribbling and close control creates numerous goal-scoring chances in those games and situations. Aguero and Sane to a lesser extent are the only ones who can do that but even they are not on hazards level technically in tight-spaces. He is a world-class player and would be challenging for ballon dor consistently if he played for a team that were more front-foot in their approach than the counter-attacking sides he's been involved in for chelsea. At 27 he still has a good 4-5 years at the highest level as his game doesn't rely on sprint speed and runs in behind but rather close control, technique and acceleration.

And if Pep doesn't want him, he is clearly an idiot.
Fortunately that's not the case, irrespective of whether it's practically feasible or not by the end of it.

Goes against what you think about Hazard doesn't it? Too bad.

As long as the actual decision makers aren't thick enough to chase mahrez over hazard if the latter is available.

First things first, I don't think chelsea would sell him to a rival especially one already in a much stronger position than them. He is as close to irreplaceable as a player they can have. The likes of Costa, Matic, Willian didn't come close to the effect he has on that team. They would quicker sell him to real, psg, bayern than a rival in the premier-league so I don't see this happening. But if there were to even be a small possibility they would sell and he would be willing to come, it would be a no-brainer of a transfer and I believe pep would view it as the same even for 100m or 300k wages.

Pep would turn him into a lesser versio of what he did messi as a 'false 9' at barca. That would mean jesus would have to rotate with raheem and sane for the wing roles and occasional as a striker if hazard needs rest. Hazard in that role with sane and sterling flanking him would take the team to an even higher level than it already is. Imo he's the only player in world football who combines incredible close control with acceleration and burst of speed at a high level anywhere close like messi does. To add to that he's also a creative player with a very good passing range. Basically think of someone with the close control/awareness of silva, the creative passing of de-bruyne and the burst of acceleration of sterling combined together and you have hazard.

My biggest problem with him has always been his off the ball movement as because of his ability on the ball, he always prefers to have the ball played into feet and all his best work is done with him always on the ball compared to sane/sterling where they are more dangerous with their movement when they don't have the ball. That's why I feel he would excel as a 'false 9' in this team/setup where most of the running is done by the young wingers to spread play and open space. He can do the de-bruyne and silva thing where they pick the ball and drive it through the middle on the break and produce an assist for a team-mate with a pass but where he stands out from almost anyone in the team is he also has the ability to go on by himself and beat several players and score in those tight games where space is little and the opposition have 10 men behind the ball. His dribbling and close control creates numerous goal-scoring chances in those games and situations. Aguero and Sane to a lesser extent are the only ones who can do that but even they are not on hazards level technically in tight-spaces. He is a world-class player and would be challenging for ballon dor consistently if he played for a team that were more front-foot in their approach than the counter-attacking sides he's been involved in for chelsea. At 27 he still has a good 4-5 years at the highest level as his game doesn't rely on sprint speed and runs in behind but rather close control, technique and acceleration.
Good post.

Great to see he won’t be joining us!!

Inflated transfer fee, structure breaking wages, on top of that a serial diver. Criticizes his manager and team mates in public.

Exactly what we don’t need!

Fortunately that's not the case, irrespective of whether it's practically feasible or not by the end of it.

Goes against what you think about Hazard doesn't it? Too bad.

As long as the actual decision makers aren't thick enough to chase mahrez over hazard if the latter is available.

So if Pep decides on Mahrez, he's an idiot then.

Unlike you.

Hazard is an excellent player.

Sané imo will totally eclipse him maybe even next season.

Aguero has always been a better central striker, Hazard is crap at it & hates playing there.

So we change everything to experiment with Hazard as a 'false 9' after scoring 106 goals, without one.

Not the smartest decision imo & absolutely won't happen.

So if Pep decides on Mahrez, he's an idiot then.

Unlike you.
He would never decide on mahrez unless hazard is not happening, which seems to be the case now. You're desperately trying to save your own face because you know you'd rather laughably pick mahrez over hazard even if the latter was available. Like I said, as long as the actual decision makers aren't thick enough, it's all very well.

Hazard is an excellent player.

Sané imo will totally eclipse him maybe even next season.

Aguero has always been a better central striker, Hazard is crap at it & hates playing there.

So we change everything to experiment with Hazard as a 'false 9' after scoring 106 goals, without one.

Not the smartest decision imo & absolutely won't happen.
There's a HUGE difference between a pure winger that is comfortable only playing 'outside' (Sane), and a player that feels himself in tight spaces like a fish in the water. Sane can't 'eclipse' Hazard as he'll never possess EH's certain qualities. Either you have that specific vision and skills to play through the middle or not, you can't train Bale, Sane or Ronaldo to play centrally like Messi or Hazard.

Right now City lack the ability to penetrate through the middle, to hold the ball in congested spaces under pressure better. Rewatch Liverpool games if you think otherwise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.