Ederson - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just needs to set himself a yard or two further forwards and he gets there first. Two times in a week he makes the mistake but overall he is vital to our play and I would hope those two mistakes are it for the season.

Can forgive him the single fuck up when he plays the ball out as well as he did today. Immense from the back.

Hope that’s the last time he rushes out unnecessarily though.

He’s super confident.

His distribution is absolutely class, he’s a better footballer than any one of Utd’s midfield 3 today.

He’ll learn from the mistakes.

I don’t think we will see him make any changes. It’s in his game and it’s what we need.
Obviously it’s been two cheap mistake but I doubt him rushing from his line with be limited by Pep.

Pep is a risk taker, Ederson will take risks, sometimes he’ll be caught out, but those risks are worth taking for me.
He allows us to keep a ridiculously high line in open play & from set pieces.

Pep wouldn’t want United’s fußball keeper in sticks for us.

Re-watched the game this morning, Neville was waxing lyrical about his passing, said some teams number 10’s didn’t having his passing.

Bad mistake again, but I genuinely think it stems from boredom and a wanting to actually contribute to the game by making a save. That said, his passing was absolutely ridiculous. Every type of pass. Short passes were quick and snappy, floated balls were perfectly placed. Driven balls were very accurate and his long passing was ridiculous too. Best keeper in the world for how we want to play.

A bit reckless in the challenge on Lukaku, but luckily it didn't cost us. His distribution yesterday was unreal though, perfectly placing passes that were 30+ yards away, and that long ball to Sane was incredible.

Best keeper in the world for how we want to play.

This is the key bit. His strengths play to our strengths. I think his actually basic keeping skills leave a bit to be improved on but distribution wise there is no one better for me. That pass to Sane was incredible.

This is the key bit. His strengths play to our strengths. I think his actually basic keeping skills leave a bit to be improved on but distribution wise there is no one better for me. That pass to Sane was incredible.

I think the best ball was when United thought they had us penned in and Ederson was just inches from the byline and smashed a 40 yard pass right to Mendy, Mendy not having to even break stride to put us well on the front foot.

Last edited:

His basic keeping skills ie making saves and claiming crosses were absolutely impeccable at Benfica. Some of the saves he was making there were like Hart's best games vs. Barca and Dortmund.

I think there is a very real negative effect on shot stopping that comes from not facing any shots in games for such a prolonged period of time.

His basic keeping skills ie making saves and claiming crosses were absolutely impeccable at Benfica. Some of the saves he was making there were like Hart's best games vs. Barca and Dortmund.

I think there is a very real negative effect on shot stopping that comes from not facing any shots in games for such a prolonged period of time.

Maybe.

I think the best ball was when United thought they had us penned in and Ederson was just inches from the byline and smashed a 40 yard pass right to Mendy, Mendy not having to even break stride to put hummus well on the front foot.

He had time to put hummus on the ball? Now that is showboating!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.