Ederson - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon you could put a penny in the other penalty area. And Eddy could hit the middle of it from his own goal line

In terms of quality and range of distribution, possibly his best game for us. Some of his passes were immense.

Unlike others, I’m not bothered about the rick(s); he’ll mainly iron those out of his game - but not altogether; his game is centred around quick decision making: that has its inevitable (occasional) pitfalls.

Fucking love this guy. I’m rapidly approaching Sergio levels of man-love for him.

Thought his distribution was fantastic again yesterday, especially compared to De Gea. The penalty was absolutely awful. Really hope he's got this out of his system now!

His distribution and ball control at his feet are unreal. But in his attempts to be the ultimate sweeper keeper, he is making positional errors rather too frequently. Not just the penalties, but a tendency to wander too far off his line and leave the goal exposed. Harry Kane almost got him with a shot that could have cost us the game at Wembley. And a fair few similar occurrences in other games. He is young and still learning, but he needs to sort this out or he is going to concede some costly goals in games that really matter.

Both penalties in recent games have come from balls played in from a very similar channel. Ederson needs to be faster to the arrival point if he's sweeping ball and man, but we need to do more ahead of him to stop those balls arriving in the first instance.

Both penalties in recent games have come from balls played in from a very similar channel. Ederson needs to be faster to the arrival point if he's sweeping ball and man, but we need to do more ahead of him to stop those balls arriving in the first instance.
On both occasions United and Southampton, if he'd have stayed on his feet and ushered the player wide they both end up out of play. He'll learn but he's saved us more times than he's cost us and the best GK in the world with the ball at his feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.